l/w turnout for rug wrecker

wench

Visit site
has anyone got any recommendations for a really tough l/w for a rug wrecker.

has currently got a loveson one, but is pretty much destroyed. fal rugs dont fit him v well

JAK

Visit site
A Rambo!
smile.gif

They're pretty darn tough & the fit is excellent on most things!

katelarge

Visit site
Or get a real cheapy you're not going to be too upset about losing! I got a £25 Zing rug for mine and it's still going strong in its second year. (mind you, I have got a very gay horse who adores all his horsey clothes and would be inconsolable if they got damaged)

Gingernags

Visit site
As a youngster, Asti used to trash everything in sight so originally she had second hand rugs til I thought she'd grown out of the habit... bought her a brand new canvas NZ (well, this is 12 years ago...) in a lovely bright blue with red trim... and the b*gger had it wrecked in a week!

Then I discovered a brillant rug from the Alsager and Sandbach saddlery - not sure if they still exist - and they had a green ripstop NZ with a blanket lining and the beastie never got so much as a scratch on it!!! It was invincible! Shame she outgrew it really!

But you need to look for something similar IMO - a really tough ripstop more of a canvas style than the modern ones. Much stronger.

airedale

Visit site
weatherbeater - my pony stallion never managed to destroy that

also - get a couple of bottles of liquid cribox and spray everywhere on the rug before you put itt on the horse for the first time - especially at the front and shoulders and whereever yours normally shreds the rugs

then use the rug for the first time in the stable and/or on a very dry day and turnout in a sandschool - basically anywhere where the cribox cannot be 'diluted' by mud or rain

once tasted - never touched again - I also use on mares mane and tail to stop foalie eating them

wear disposable gloves when spraying though as the stuff is basically bitter aloes and it stinks and sticks to your hands !!

Louby

Visit site
My friends horse wrecks my rugs!!! I bit the bullet and bought a Rambo after buying rug after rug (one lasted just 2 weeks) and touch wood its on its 3rd winter. It broke my heart to pay so much just to get ripped to bits but its been worth every penny so I bought the l/w version for the summer.
I tried cribbox too but devil horse still grabs and tugs my boys rugs so Ive made a mixture of English mustard and water and spray it daily on his rugs. He still tugs at them but this mixture cost me much less than the liquid cribbox.