Labrador grooming?

pippixox

Visit site
Sorry no photos yet- tried to do photobucket but it kept spamming me.

We acquired a 3yo boy Labrador nearly a week ago! Someone who used to work with my husband. Split with girlfriend and now unemployed and homeless so can’t keep him. She has had him for a few months and he arrived under weight, nails very long due to no walking and desperate for love!(dropped him off without even a collar, had him since puppy but clearly no love for him sadly)

Anyway.... getting along well with my girl collie. She is the boss of him! Used to kids so very easy to have around my toddler. Will slowly gain muscle and fat (I have never seen an under weigh lab before!!!)

But... I’m at a loss as to what brush to groom him with? My collie has a shedding blade for all her moulting coat! He is moulting lots but obviously very short haired. Any tips?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Rubber curry or mitt and/or a metal comb?

I do a lot of grooming by just running hands over the dog. Helps activate the glands and locates any lumps, bumps or parasites and improves the bond between you and your dog.

Chiffy

Visit site
Good advice above for grooming, so just wanted to say, so glad you have taken on this poor neglected boy to give him some love and a happy life.
I did a similar thing with an obese but neglected Golden Retriever, he was old and his joints shot to pieces but he had 8 months of love and attention and repayed me a thousand fold. Do keep us updated on his progress.