Lack lustre what to do

Bunnymare

Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks my girl has lost her usual sparkle. She's still eating fine but is not showing much interest in hay and has dropped a little weight. She's had her back checked last week and the saddler is out this week, so we're ticking underlying problems off. In the school she's not as forward as usual but she perks up on hacks and jumping.

Last year I fed late cut haylage, she ate every last stem and had sparkle and kept condition lovely.

She's a 15.2 tb and is kept well rugged and stabled at night with 2 feeds a day

Alfa A original
Grassnuts
Pasture Mix
Micronized linseed
Nettex Gut Balancer

Thinking of putting her back on haylage and perhaps getting a vet check if she doesn't improve.

Any thoughts?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Certainly try putting her back on haylage .
Although you always need to be thinking is this something serious brewing ,you might try feeding a supplement like propell plus we gave this to one of ours when the vet suggested it and it perked the horse up no end .
It's a bad time of year for them .

wench

Visit site
You could try getting a blood test run to see if it's a virus? Global herbs do a detoxifying supplement, think it's called restore

spacie1977

Visit site
I agree with Wench and would get a blood test done for viruses.
Also when was she last wormed for tape? Your horse is showing all the same symptoms as mine did before his blood test came back to say the poor boy was riddled with tape.

Bunnymare

Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. A visit from the vet is next on the list. She's been on haylage a couple of days now and seems a bit like her normal self, plus she's clearing her nets and I thin k she's put on a little weight. We had a pole work session yesterday and she was raring to go for canter poles. Going to keep a close eye on her , get her wormed and call the vet if necessary x