Lambourn Open day Cancelled

olop

Visit site
Just FYI the Lambourn open day this Good Friday has been cancelled due to the weather :(
Such a shame as its a great day out & they raise so much money for the local charities.

B***dy weather what with the eventing & racing cancellations its turning into a rubbish year again :(

bubbilygum

Visit site
So sad this has been called off :( it is a real highlight of the year round our way.

I imagine the Lockinge point-to-point will be called off too; the track is still under snow and it is absolutely Baltic in Wantage! We have had snow in the air all day, and the wind is ice cold.

Daffodil

Visit site
This is such a shame. It's one of the highlights of my year and always make a beeline for Nicky Henderson's yard.

Such a worthwhile and fascinating day but am not surprised. I think it was two years ago the conditions in the car parks were pretty dreadful and must have taken months for the ground to recover.

Fingers crossed for next year!

bubbilygum

Visit site
This is such a shame. It's one of the highlights of my year and always make a beeline for Nicky Henderson's yard.

Such a worthwhile and fascinating day but am not surprised. I think it was two years ago the conditions in the car parks were pretty dreadful and must have taken months for the ground to recover.

Fingers crossed for next year!

Oh God I remember that... I had forgotten how bad the car parks (fields) got. About a 2ft drop at the gateway in one due to the muddy ground.