Lame on near fore

pocket

Visit site
I'm worried about Ralph, I dont normally worry but as I've been out of riding for the past year ( I think he may be putting it on as he knows I'm able to ride in 6 weeks
grin.gif
) and he has been exercised by my instructor and a friend takes him out for a hack occasionally.

I have started lunging him again (just getting over another op) and noticed he was not quite right yesterday, but could not put my finger on it so to speak, plus he was bucking and going flat out
crazy.gif

Today I had another go and he was much quieter and agian looked odd, our school is uneven, so I took him into the jumping paddock and again not right. I took him out and got a friend to trot him up and he is very slightly lame on the near fore, ok in walk.

Having checked all the usual places for heat/swellings, I could not find anything, he was'nt too happy in his shoulder though when we touched it.

I'm going to leave him in tomorrow and prob get the vet out on Wed as they come to our area on Wednesdays. Hopefully its just a strain........any ideas?? I hate it when there is no swelling or heat, always get worried
frown.gif

treacle86

Visit site

What are his feet like ? shod or not , does he have good feet ?
Could be an abcess in the foot , My horse had one recently , ery common when it is so wet , lots of rain, hoof is softened and stone, nail etc can puncture foot , and an abcess can form ,and there is no heat , swelling or pain to see of feel .
get the vet to check him out , and see what they think ..

Hope that helps a bit

pocket

Visit site
His feet are rubbish, always have been, he's shod every 5 weeks and due on friday. He's in natural balance shoes a little long on the toe, but as said bieng shod on friday.

Being the worried mother, the vets coming tomorrow, I'd rather get it sorted now. Hopefully it is just a sprain and nothing too serious.