Laminitis risk smart phone app ...

Greylegs

Got this installed on my iPhone last year and it's proving to be a useful guide. It simply looks at where you are and computes the local weather and other conditions to give you and idea of possible grass conditions, and the gives you a read out on a simple scale. I don't totally rely on it, and my very good doer is on sparse grazing anyway, but it might be a help if you've got a lami prone pony. Anyone else used it?

EstherYoung

It is extremely useful if you are already managing your horse as a laminitic. However, our farrier says he's come across a few people who have turned their laminitic horse out onto rich cow pasture 'because the app said the grass was safe today' and then wondered why it had another attack. The app needs to be used in conjunction with proper management.

amandap

It is extremely useful if you are already managing your horse as a laminitic. However, our farrier says he's come across a few people who have turned their laminitic horse out onto rich cow pasture 'because the app said the grass was safe today' and then wondered why it had another attack. The app needs to be used in conjunction with proper management.
This was one of my concerns when it was marketed, people using it as the oracle!
I agree wholeheartedly it has to be used in conjunction with other management criteria for the individual horse along with common sense!

catkin

This.

it's a useful extra aid but cannot replace closely watching your management and horse, and knowing your grass and how your horse reacts to it.