Lancs Peeps, nearest XC schooling venue to Kirkham????

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Thought we might go for a play this weekend, but don't have a lot of cash, and just a little diesel. We had a fabulous place at Westby Hall, but that shut down
frown.gif

Anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks

nelgonde

Visit site
Hey there! I went to school in Kirkham... a long time ago, tho kept my horses Longton direction.

Westby Hall was the big place I'm afraid. My only other idea would be to phone to local pony club - Fylde & District were a pretty decent pony club IIRC.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I used to work at Elswick EC... we had a small xc course but that was years ago. The place is under new management and I've no idea if they even still have a course let alone whether they hire it out.

The best place in Lancs now is probably Crow Wood but that might be too far for you if you're short on diesel.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
oooh, fylde and District, I was a member there (about 30 years ago.................)

All swings and roundabouts, living in Leyland we had the gallops and xc courses not too far, but now have 3 indoor venues (SJ & Dressage) only 20 mins away!

Dare'nt take her to the beach, blew her brains last time, took nearly 3 weeks for her to be back to normal!! Might have to go to plan B and investigate the bridlepath if someone tells me where it is!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
When did you work at Elswick EC? My parents live there!! Well, not at the riding school, but in the village!

Will give them a ring today
laugh.gif

Going up to Crow Wood at some point in the not too distant future with Redwood_Ravi (after payday!)

jj_87

Visit site
Im trying to think of somewhere closer to you than crow wood or Coniston. Equi talk sent me this link today i have no idea what its like. It's just near Derby House http://www.heskethhouseequestrian.co.uk/
I'm off to Trawden show on sunday having to plait up at about 6!! eeek gosh i miss my mum (shes in sri lanka for 3 weeks) and its only a 20 min drive for BF's dad so nice of him
smile.gif
http://www.charityfarmonline.co.uk/ is this near you?

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Thanks Jess! Hesketh house is about 1 mile up from Charity farm, used to go to both on a regular basis as they were only a few miles from my old yard! Hesketh, generally referred to at the gallops!! They had to call it a Trail Ride for insurance purposes.

Good luck at Trawden x

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Small world! I love Elswick... I rented a little granny flat there for a bit. I worked at the EC back in and around 1993 onwards. Haven't been back since it was sold by the Cartmell's. It's just been sold again and I keep meaning to go back and have a nosey... it's had a lot of money spent on it apparently... Happy memories
grin.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Wonder if the new owners will run any shows there? I know they did a RC show last year and also ran some BSJA. Let me know if you are around and we could go and have a nosey together!!

Lisa