Land wanted for livery near Dunblane

smallgirl

Visit site
I'm on the look out for some land and a stable or two to rent near Dunblane as I think I am coming to the end of my time as a livery.

So the natural thing is to look for some private land to rent around my area that has at least 1 or 2 stables, a storage shed and at least 2/3 acres of land, ideally with a flat bit I can school in or access to a school nearby.

If anyone knows of anything that might be suitable I am not averse to some work to tidy things up etc please let me know, it could be someone that used to have horses and still has the facilities or a farmer that has some spare sheds that would convert to stables. I'm willing to try anything.

If I can find this the other thing I was going to ask is what can I expect to pay for this per week/month?

My current yard is only going to get more unsafe for my horse so I can't see me wanting to stay there much longer.

Thanks very much if you can help, PM me if you like as I am willing to try anything.

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
There used to be some land between Dunblane and Doune on the right hand side as you come into doune. its a farm,

Before I sold my old horse he used to live behinde the builders/timber merchants in Doune, on the right hand side in the middle of doune, I havent got the number but could give you directions, he has about 3 fields I think and if I remember there is also a stable.

Going in the other direction We used to keep our highlands at a farm on the way out of dunblane heading towards.. kinbuck.. the farm was a livery yard but basically left us to it..

What about Cromlix estate??

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi Jingle bell betty

Unfortunately the timber yard has been sold, the land and stable have gone, I think they're going to build houses on it. The yard at the Cromlix estate has only got limited turn out, I might go and ask them if they have other land for rent though, thanks for the idea.

Is there anytihing out Braco way you know of?

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
I used to work for Trade Exhibitions out in Braco.. its on the Left hand side as you come into braco.. the owner of the company had stables at the side, his daughters had horses, don't know if they are still there.. its been a few years since I've been out that way.,

What about greenloaning??? (if thats what its called)

Also when we had the highlands we had a bit of hillside between dunblane and braco.. on the back road some where, it was quite far out up the hillside though..

err.. try the forestry commision they might have some land or know of some.

smallgirl

Visit site
I'll have a drive out to Braco tomorrow and have a look see, have PM'd you.

Can you PM a bit more detail about where just before Braco it is please.

Are there any other Central scotland people who could help?

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi measles, I remember you from when I was looking to move last year, thanks for your offer it was very kind then and very appreciated, if it was Dunblane side of Stirling I'd be biting your arm off now.

If you do hear of anything please let me know.

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi

Went for my first drive today, no luck unfortunately, I think I'll put up a wanted ad in my local feed store, I'm sure there is something somewhere, its justa case of finding out about it.

Measles - I think there is one on the Keir estate and one on the hill o Rue Road so might go and have a look.

Jingle Betty - I went ot see the place you mentione, unfortuantely they ahve turned the stalbes into houses, where abouts was the bit of hillside you had? PM me if you like.