Large Chambon

Helga1980

Visit site
I've had a 17hh ISH on loan for 5 weeks, he tends to hollow in canter so I have been lunging him in a chambon during the last fortnight with a degree of success.

So far I've been using a chambon I bought donkeys years ago for a previous horse however this is starting to give up the ghost so I bought a new one today - Kincade full size, the problem is it doesn't go near him in terms of size!!

Can anyone recommend an 'Extra-Full' chambon or a make that is more generous in its sizing, have a fairly tight budget so don't want to spend a fortune if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Louby

Visit site
My friend had the opposite problem!
Hers is massive, her horses are 16.3 and 16.2 and the chambon is just too long even at the shortest. Shes on her 3rd now and that finally seems smaller although it was expensive. The others were a Shires cheap one and the 2nd was bought from a dressage website, cant remember the name sorry but Im sure both were under £20. Id have a look on Ebay you never know.

Helga1980

Visit site
Thanks - will have a look for a Shires one, I'm thinking the one I got must have been mis-labelled as I can't see how it could be any bigger than a cob - Mont may be tall be he's not that bulky!