Large, hard bumps on horses knees

charlene

Visit site
Hello All,

I realise that this may be something that I will have to talk to the vet about at some point or other, but any advice, experiences would be welcome.

I have a 16 y.o T.B mare who I purchased for next to nothing about four months ago. She is excellent in every way we do fun rides, CC and SJ and we may do our first competetive endurance ride in a couple of weeks. IMO and others she was an absolute bargain.

When I brought her she had lumps on both her knees not small lumps but rather large. One is bigger than the other. They do not hurt her and she is never lame, she does knee the stable door at dinner times and so I put it down to this. The lumps are not soft, they are hard. Im sorry I cant post photos as I dont know how to do this. I beleive she may have raced in the past - I dont know if this has affected her knees but I have read that it could. Any advice as to my knobbly kneed T.B [lol]

vickers22

Visit site
my boy has these on his knees-his was due to past injury cross country, nothing to worry about-just old tissue as said above. Oh and my boys knees are VERY knobly!very big as well!