Last minute showing q's...

Oaksflight

Visit site
For Hunter classes, I'm wearing a grey herringbone jacket with black velvet collar, and black velvet hat, horse has brown tack. What colour gloves and show cane should I use? And would it be so bad if I wore a cream stock instead of shirt and tie? Only shirt I have is old school one, and don't have a coloured tie to wear.

peanutpussycat

Visit site
String gloves or brown leather. brown cane. go into tesco and buy their blue school shirts (bout £6 for 2!) blue spotty tie from oxfam for about £1. You really should have a green tweed (really fitted, almost too small) jacket and a blue hat for a lady. hair in a bun. Look like you got the rosette in the bag. good luck, let us know how you get on. oh and saddle shaped brown or black sheepskin numnah and brown girth. u go girl

Oaksflight

Visit site
Ahh, just bought this jacket and hat, so can't really fork out for new ones, it is well fitted though. Was going to have no numnah and a leather girth, this ok? And running matingale for jumping phase of WH, but not for rest. And also, a flash with snaffle, is that suitable? Pelhams not an option btw... goes backwards in it, and don't really want to change his bit. Also, no tescos nearby that sell clothes. I could dye one of my shirts though?

Oh and thank you!
grin.gif

peanutpussycat

Visit site
just wear one of your shirts and make sure top button is quite tightly done up. try and put a saddle shaped numnah on, more comfortable and perfectly acceptable. You have to wear the same stuff for the jumping phase as you do in the flat. gags are well thought of in wh. you could try an old fashioned cheltenham gag with two sets of reins. looks nice. flash and snaffle is ok tho. if you like the class you really would do better with blue hat n green tweed. look on ebay n you will get em for a song.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If your horse goes well in a snaffle, then keep her in that. As PPC said, you have to stay in the same tack. Stock is really not correct even though some people do wear them at local shows. Don't forget that you should wear spurs in horse classes to be correct. Hair in a bun (or if it is short in a hairnet). If your shirt is white, put it in a hot wash with a cheap tesco yellow duster and this will give it a good colour. Steal one of your male relative's ties. Anything but black or white. A nice burgundy perhaps?

Oaksflight

Visit site
I'll have a route through my dads ties, and his owner (I've got him on full loan, gradually paying for him) has come to my rescue and is lending me some things. I will try the shirt thing and get a tie, but if shirt doesn't work I'll just have to go with stock. No chance of me getting a velvet navy hat before tho so I'm going to have to stick with black.

Thanks
grin.gif

Oh, and would a pony club tie be ok? As have one of those.. And only tie my dad has is a navy blue one with indented diamonds on. The rest are too businessman like!

Oaksflight

Visit site
He tends to go backwards in a gag, same as Pelham. He'll often refuse etc due to it, however is very bold and confident in snaffle, and the flash gives me a bit more control as he's a strong lad. I have a black saddle shaped numnah, that ok? You can see it but not much. I can wear spurs but do I have to wear them for jumping? I don't trust my leg enough for that. Also, don't think I'm going to bother with martingale after all as he's going well without one.
smile.gif

Oaksflight

Visit site
After all that fiasco, my payment for hat didn't even go through, grr. So now borrowing a blue tweed jacket with blue velvet hat, got brown show cane, cream jodh's, and very nice but rediculously expensive leather boots which I'm also borrowing. I'm going to have to wear a stock, but never mind. Also, going to have to probably buy gloves from a tradestand when we get there as only ones I have are white and black ssg ones.

lornaA

Visit site
Remember and look like you are enjoying yourself. Dress as correctly as you can as the suggestions above but more importantly make sure you and your horse are as clean and tidy as possible and smile!

Oaksflight

Visit site
Not very well! Was jumping him the day before, put the jump up to 3 foot 3, and he refused it, I flew off over his head and landed on my head so whole body was aching (and still is). Anyway, got there, could tell it just wasn't our day. He was going very backwards, and not really going in an outline. He kept refusing warm up jump, and I foolishly didn't have a crop to back me up. After a bit of a "I'm not going in" moment, got convinced to go in, got eliminated at the first (this is the horse that is has been show champion twice through WH at local show). Knew it was going to happen to be honest. Didn't get placed in Open Hunter, but there were some big guns in there. And then 4th Riding Horse, but I completely mucked up our individual show (caused us to take a bit of a flying leap, and pushed him on too much in the gallop and he sped off
shocked.gif
). But, he loaded first time there and back which is a big step for him. I'm going to go rent out local show ground with all the Working Hunter jumps soon though. Will hopefully have some reasonably nice prof. photos though. Ended up wearing my JTE too, took show hat but it was massive on me, and after Saturdays incident, I figured my head was more important.