Last News - Irish Stallion

sw123

Visit site
Does anyone know anything about Last News - grey TB stallion, standing in Ireland who was a grade A showjumper before he retired?

Penniless

Visit site
What do you want to know about him? I've got (at least until he is vetted tomorrow and all being well sold to new home), a 4 year old gelding by him. Fantastic stallion who throws brilliant jumpers. If you want to PM me, I'd be more than happy to try and answer any questions you've got about him. My boy was advertised in last weeks horse and hound and will also be in this weeks under the heading "By Last News". I've been inundated with calls (30+) including from top international event riders, and he was sold immediately. From what we gather, people are queuing up for his progeny.

KatB

Visit site
My friend has a coloured colt by him. By all accounts he is a cracking stallion. Very highly thought of by alot of top class eventers.

sw123

Visit site
Thats really intersesting thank you! Previously i've only ever heard bad things about him!!!

Our mare is actualy at stud being put in foal to him. To me on paper he was exactly what we wanted - a show jumping TB that was grey!!!! Friend who is a very very good producer of young horses and professional rider went to look at him in Ireland and liked him and for her to be impressed I know how much it takes so went for it as we used a free return a friend had got.

Seen 1 4yo by him at a BYEH class and thats it so all feels a bit "unknown" having always used bigger names before!

Tootsiepop

Visit site
Hi - I've bought a 3 year old by him and she's going to be backed in the Autumn. She is quite small but has a lovely step and jumps well loose. I've heard that they are all quite small - I'd also be interested in what bad things you have heard about him. I know that the Irish Horse Board won't approve him as a stallion because of his soundness although he is approved by the AES.
Toots