Last night..................

lisan

pets.webshots.com
9 weeks to the day since breaking leg, took May back to the evening SJ for one of the girls from the yard to jump for me, but really could'nt help myself and jumped the clear round
grin.gif
(which is the same height at the first class)!! Thought I would just pop a couple, but got going - had one refusal at one in the same place as where I did my leg, but that was me, not her and popped it fine 2nd time - I was shaking for ages afterwards!

Then while I was holding May in the collecting ring waiting for livvie to do the JO on her own horse I got barged into and hurt my poor leg
ooo.gif
Am seeing an ortho doc tomorrow, so fingers x its nothing major and I have'nt screwed up the healing my leg has already done!

Chex

Visit site
I seem to be the only mug thats actually waiting 6 months before riding again!! Plus my doc scared me with stories of what would happen if I fell off again before it had healed lol, and I believe him too much too risk it (even though I haven't fallen off my own pony in years!)

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
hope its ok, how long have they said it could take?

[/ QUOTE ]
They did'nt really say anything last time I went, but I have been walking the last couple of weeks and doing OK - hopefully not done any lasting damage, will have to see what doc says in the morning.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be the only mug thats actually waiting 6 months before riding again!! Plus my doc scared me with stories of what would happen if I fell off again before it had healed lol, and I believe him too much too risk it (even though I haven't fallen off my own pony in years!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose it all depends on how bad the break was and what treatment you had. I have a titanium rod right through the Tibia from knee to ankle with 3 screws, so I guess its quite well supported, I just go with how it feels, it certainly lets me know when I've done too much
crazy.gif

ExtremeB

Visit site
wow, I'm really impressed (and just a tad jealous). I broke my leg in 3 places back in June coming off a bronco. All I can do 5 months on is ride in walk - would love to go for a canter but just scared I will lose balance and fall off. New horse who is proving to be a saint and a good confidence giver but I just can't step it up a gear and really ride.

Hope your leg is OK after the knock - my dog ran into me a few days ago and that hurt like hell.