Last Night's Olympia

Pasha

Visit site
I'm not a great fan of Leibling either! Do like Carl's music though!

I LOVED Artemis! Richard rides him so beautifully and he has matured so much since last year. I also loved the fact that Richard reached into his breeches for a treat for him! Lovely man and lovely horse
smile.gif

Didn't really like Laura's music, although I like Andretti a lot! I think as one of the younger competitors she can afford to be a bit brave and choose something more contemporary?

I felt a bit sorry for Judy Harvey and a bit annoyed at the same time! She was obviously having a difficualt time of it, but appeared to be riding quite stiff and hard and the horse looked to be either having a very bad day or completely out of his depth! Such a shame!

Normally I love watching Parcival, but didn't so much this time.... and of course LOVED Totilas! What a superstar he is and for me, much better than at Windsor - he looks more established (if that's possible) and even more relaxed! What a horse! WOW!

Emshad

Visit site
I havent had a chance to read all posts but Worried1 your report was spot on!! I LOVED Cadillac and thought he and Catherine looked like a great partnership - Laura bless her looked so pleased with Andretti when she had finished (so she should be!!) I was really rooting for her too. I have seen Totilas before numerous times on TV but in the flesh - wow is all I can say.

TOATLLY agree Edward should have had a longer slot!! I could have watched his masterclass for ages, his mare was lovely xx

Emshad

Visit site
THE_Carthorse I agree the flash photography when Edward and Totilas were on was ridiculous... It was even putting me off I dont think it should be allowed tbh x

FrodoBeutlin

Visit site
It was my first time at Olympia and I loved it!

It was really interesting to watch as there were so many combinations I had never seen (I get to go to a lot of shows in Germany and have seen most top German riders, but had not seen many of the British pairs, had never seen Parzival or Totilas etc. so it was excellent for me to 'balance' this)

Some horses were quite disappointing, Fitzcerraldo's piaffe was totally non-existent, the one times were the shortest I've ever seen, and he looked so short in the neck.

I had heard so much about Mr President and was looking forward to seeing him in real life but I also found him very short in the neck (but maybe it's his conformation); he didn't impress me too much.

Artemis: I'm in love! First time I'd seen him, what a piaffe!

Liebling: I have always loved that horse and his Time of Your Life kur with Anna RD is one of my all-time favourite kurs, so it was very strange to see him with Carl (beautiful, because they looked so good together, but strange), though I really didn't like the music.

Laura B & Andretti: I adored them, they were so so good and I would have liked to see them come 3rd, in front of Carl and Lenny. This horse used to come regularly to my old yard before he was sold to Laura B and I just cannot get over the fact that he looks a million times better. He used to be a bundle of nerves, awfully tense, pacing in the walk.. while now he is sooo different, he looks so happy and calm and it's just delightful to see. It's amazing, it was moving to see him!

Totilas: no words can describe him
blush.gif