Last nights SJ at Redpost

louisevictoria

Visit site
Last night I took the boy up to the unaff jumping at Redpost to do a schooling round before our first British Novice on Sunday. And to mainly let him have a good look around and get used to the ring.

Only did the 2'9 class and rode like a bit of a muppet
crazy.gif
in the first round, mainly due to nerves and I wasn't too sure how he would behave. My line into the first jump can be described in one word - cr@p, but then managed to settle down into a nice rhythm, until fence 6 which was an oxer on a downhill then 5 strides to number 7 - didn't ride forwards enough so found the five strides quite long and he put in a bit of flyer at number 7. But finished the course clear and was in the JO.

Now I haven't ridden a JO in 2 years - eek
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
so was just going to have a pootle round and take it easy. Wrong! - spoke to my instructor who knows my horse a lot better than me as he belonged to her daughter and she said go for it. So we did, without being silly but every turn and distance was spot on. I was so happy. Couldn't believe it when found out we came 4th.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So still smiling now and looking forward to Sunday with a lot more confidence.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

louisevictoria

Visit site
the warm up arenas are a bit on the hard side but the berry ring was ok - a couple of horses that didn't have studs in were slipping a bit though

dixie

Visit site
Well done, sounds like a good night.
smile.gif

I won't be there though as I have a 1DE that day but good luck anyway.

ajf

Visit site
Ah that sounds really good
The warm-ups were quite hard when I went (3 weeks ago) but the rings were really nice

dixie

Visit site
Back to Pontispool for the 1DE - this time we are trying for a sub 30 dressage score and cantering all the way up to the xc fences and not gawping at the judges and breaking into a mincey trot !!!