Last weekend at Little Downham (links to pics and a vid)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Finally I have a minute to write a report. Three trips to and from LD on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and sold my house over the weekend too, fingers crossed (moving nearer to the yard and the horses as soon as I find somewhere).

Bertle-bum was doing the 2* and he had Thursday afternoon dressage. He warmed up very nicely but once in the arena he managed to ruin just about every movement spooking at the flowers, shaking his head, jogging, sticking his tongue out – you name it, he did it. 64.? and 55th after dressage :(. The quest continues to find a way of getting him to do the test we know he’s capable of. (Apologies for the terrible grammar but you know what I mean.)
However, he redeemed himself on Saturday by only knocking one SJ down although he touched most of them just to make sure Rosie doesn’t get too excited. I arrived just too late to see him SJ but was in time to watch him XC. What can I say – he was the epitome of the perfect eventer and stormed round with just a slightly breathtaking moment at the first water when he almost hesitated. Commentator made me laugh, referring to Rosie ‘riding strongly’ and One Way having ‘no choice but to jump that skinny’. He finished 25th but as he was closest to the optimum time (spot on actually) he got a rosette and some lovely Maxavita freebies.

Hector was in the Lycett 5 yr old class on Saturday – his first 100 - which was full of pro young horse producers. Rosie thought the XC was quite technical and said she’d be very happy if he got round without any hiccups. He did a nice test for 33 and a very neat clear SJ. He was brilliant round the XC and finished well within the time. Amazingly he finished in 3rd place and won a silver rosette! Hurrah for Hector – he’s such a super horse, so willing and I think he really wants to please us stoopid humans. He just does everything you ask, even picks his feet up so Rosie can take the studs out and stands waiting patiently for the next instruction.

There are some pics on my FB taken from the videocam so they're a bit grainy, 3 of Bertie and one of Hector - click here. Video of Hector's SJ here.

She also competed 2 for other people in the BE 100, on Sunday. They both did DCs, Albi ended up 6th and Solly was 2nd.

So an excellent weekend. I saw Thistle and had a chat and I think I saw Lolo (I definitely saw Reg storming round the XC) but was afraid to tap her on the shoulder and introduce myself in case it was a complete stranger who would think I was an idiot.
Thanks for reading if you did. Choccy bics on offer here and I've just bought a litre bottle of Pimms for a tenner at a supermarket beginning with M ;).(wouldn't want anyone button pushing because I'm advertising :rolleyes: :D)

Lolo

Visit site
I think you may be in the video my mum was taking of Al- I wasn't there, but I think you may have seen mum and Reg's owner enjoying his round and benefited from their cheering his every tiny achievement :D

Sounds like an unfairly successful event in my opinion- Rosie has more than earnt it though, and I hope the rest of her season continues in a similar vein and that Bertie remembers that he's actually a dressage diva, not a dressage div (easy mistake to make :D) :p

Rosiefan

Visit site
Lolo - Reg was earning every little bit of applause. They were both so obviously enjoying themselves hugely :).
Thank you d2. The buyers came back for a second look last night with both sets of parents - six of them, wandering round MY house as if they owned the place :mad: :D . Mind you, I had told them to go wherever they wanted but it was a bit traumatic, we've lived here for 29 years!
LJR - Hector is an absolute poppet - glad you like him too. Did you notice the poor commentator stumbling over his loooong name - what a mouthful!

only_me

Visit site
Sounds like an excellent weekend! :) Frustrating about Bertle, but at least you know that there is an excellent test there, just needs to come out :)

NR99

Visit site
Yay well done Rosie and the team.

I feel for you with the house thing :( I called at my old house last night to pick up a parcel and they had changed the front door and I was like hmpff

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thanks only_me but he's so annoying :mad:

It's daft isn't it NR99. I really really want to move and it's just bricks and mortar but honestly, do they not understand!
LB did some XC training today, with SHEEP for goodness sake :D. She was a bit wary at first but soon got to grips with said woolly monsters and helped Rosie do a mini round-up, naughty girls the pair of them. She will do her first intro at Little Downham X. With a bit of luck she'll be ok but she's slow compared to some of the other babies.

Tillypup

www.valleypoint.co.uk
I wrote for Hector's dressage test and thought he was super and looked such a poppet! There were some seriously nice young horses and good riders in that section so Rosie should be rally pleased with their performance/result!

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thank you Tillypup - we were genuinely surprised by Hector's result given the competition. I guess it means he's qualified for the final at Osberton but don't know that we'll go. I've just looked at last year's 4yr old Championship results and realised that some of those horses ran on Sunday and Hector beat all of them except the winner - clever boy :D.

Lady La La

Visit site
Saw Hector flying over fence 14 where I was judging, although didn't have time to get much of a look in as he was off like a rocket as soon as he was over :p
I'm really pleased he did so well! I missed your other horse as I wasn't judging for the 2*

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thanks Lady La La and Nats. It was great to have such a good time after all the cancellations and the ground was amazing, even by the end of Sunday when around 1000 horses had been milling about on it for 4 days. Roll on LD X on Monday week :)