Last weekend in Feb plans

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Not a lot planned.... which is just as well as horsebox failed test today. Hopefully mechanic can fix and re test tomorrow as was only rear brake calipers which had no more travel to adjust, so replacements ordered and already waiting for him.

So, usual hacking ?

Good luck to those competing and have a good time x

j1ffy

Visit site
We had a lesson yesterday and felt like we turned a corner - there's a video in the 5/6yo thread if anyone's interested.

He worked hard so he's having today off (which is probably a good thing with all the hail storms blowing through!) when I'll do some hacking and schooling at the weekend.

Excitingly, I'm having a schoolmaster jumping lesson on Saturday :D I had a couple of jump lessons at a local RS last summer as I hadn't jumped for about 3 years, the lessons were fun but they could only accommodate me in a group lesson and I was on a whizzy little Connie with jumps no more than 70cm so it wasn't very educational. I want to make sure I can still do a jump position and not hang onto the mouth of a horse with a bit more scope as I suspect Chilli will be fairly exuberant when I teach him!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have plans at last!
Have found myself something to ride :) Friend alerted me to a horse available for loan, 8yo KWPN gelding who has been out of work for a while and needs a job. I had a quick lunge and sit today so will be continuing with some short sessions over the weekend. He's a very nice quality horse so I'm looking forward to getting us both back in the game ;)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
haha! i am excited all of a sudden! Have already asked trainer to put us in for a 20 min session in a fortnight. I did that when Kira was not fit yet and it worked well to get us on the right track from the start. It's a massive bonus of being on site because i can slip in to any little gaps. Never had a Proper Horse before :D

good news about the truck :)

Bernster

Visit site
Exciting news about new ride and wheels being back on the road.

If the weather plays ball, I’m off to a clear round on Saturday. Done course hire there so this is to see how we do in a more comp type environment and work from there. Hopefully it’ll be a learning experience so I know what we need to work on as we gear up for some proper outings!

TPO

Visit site
I have plans at last!
Have found myself something to ride :) Friend alerted me to a horse available for loan, 8yo KWPN gelding who has been out of work for a while and needs a job. I had a quick lunge and sit today so will be continuing with some short sessions over the weekend. He's a very nice quality horse so I'm looking forward to getting us both back in the game ;)

BEYOND pleased and happy for you!!!

DressageCob

Visit site
My horse is finally home!

We had a bit of a rocky time. He colicked on Thursday 10th Feb, turned out he had a small intestine lesion/twist. They operated and unravelled the SI without having to remove any (great). Then he had reflux and the small intestine refused to work, so after tubing out 11 litres of fluid 4 times a day from Friday to Monday the plan was made to operate on the Monday and remove the affected part. Then Monday morning he rallied, the reflux died down and by the Tuesday morning he was not refluxing at all and a scan showed movement in the small intestine. He had food gradually introduced, then the plan was to collect him on the Monday of this week. He was then a bit under the weather again, off his food, so they kept him longer but I finally picked him up on Wednesday.

He's on a boring diet which he's not enjoying and was looking a bit down and shell shocked yesterday. Today he's bright and nosy and more like himself. The cannula site is a mess but the tummy sutures are tidy. Now 6 weeks box rest, 8 weeks small paddock turnout then gradually build up again.

I'm just relieved to have him home ❤️ It was a bit touch and go.

j1ffy

Visit site
My horse is finally home!

We had a bit of a rocky time. He colicked on Thursday 10th Feb, turned out he had a small intestine lesion/twist. They operated and unravelled the SI without having to remove any (great). Then he had reflux and the small intestine refused to work, so after tubing out 11 litres of fluid 4 times a day from Friday to Monday the plan was made to operate on the Monday and remove the affected part. Then Monday morning he rallied, the reflux died down and by the Tuesday morning he was not refluxing at all and a scan showed movement in the small intestine. He had food gradually introduced, then the plan was to collect him on the Monday of this week. He was then a bit under the weather again, off his food, so they kept him longer but I finally picked him up on Wednesday.

He's on a boring diet which he's not enjoying and was looking a bit down and shell shocked yesterday. Today he's bright and nosy and more like himself. The cannula site is a mess but the tummy sutures are tidy. Now 6 weeks box rest, 8 weeks small paddock turnout then gradually build up again.

I'm just relieved to have him home ❤️ It was a bit touch and go.

So pleased to read he’s home DC, everything crossed for a smooth recovery.

Reactions: TPO

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
So glad you have him home DC! I hope his recovery goes well.
Exciting about the horse MP, must be so nice to have one to ride!

The boys had the farrier today, so no riding. Tomorrow Henry will do some poles/flatwork and have a bath before he has a clinic on Sunday. Coolie has the weekend off, but I realised we have a big comp in 6 weeks, so we need to get our butts into gear to go show jumping! And camping. With a baby, who will be crawling, but thats will be fine I'm sure...!

Sheep

Visit site
So glad to hear your boy is home DC, all the very best for a speedy recovery.

No big plans here, horse has dentist and chiro today so will probably have tomorrow off - OH and I are going out for his birthday. Then dressage on Sunday, hopefully get my last qualifying score for national finals in April.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
So happy you have a horse to ride MP and looking forward to yiour updates,

Very happy for you DC. SOunds like you have jad a terribnle time but hopfully the recovery is plan sailing from now on.

I am taking Lottie to and SJ venue for a lesson tomorrow. Then hacking on Sunday. She was WILD earlier in the week as a result of no turn out but was much more sane last night. So hopefully she will be ok.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
So happy for MP & DC updates :) Hope it goes smoothly for you both.

I'm beyond excited to hack more than 5 or 6 miles for the first time in what feels forever but is probably only a few weeks (pony was off colour, then we had a clinic & a TREC competition, then the storms, then I became too ill to ride & although I've been back hacking this week I can't fit in more than that before work ) ?

So two days of long hacks here I come :)

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I am so happy to have something positive to say again. My plans are getting up super early on Saturday to go to Ipswich for a session with my Neuromechanics coach at a gym there. Then coming back to hack out with a friend who has a nervous youngster - Stormy is great for these sorts of horses despite being a relative baby herself. Then Sunday more hacking. It might not sound super exciting but after 5 months off it is lovely to be sat back on her.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
No plans for us, Pepsi is having a little break because I’ve been away. Plus he got his fancy new shoes a week ago, so was a good chance for him to adjust without any pressure to do anything much. Will see him on Sunday when I get home, have a little assess as to how the shoes are working, then start building up again.

racebuddy

Visit site
No plans for us, Pepsi is having a little break because I’ve been away. Plus he got his fancy new shoes a week ago, so was a good chance for him to adjust without any pressure to do anything much. Will see him on Sunday when I get home, have a little assess as to how the shoes are working, then start building up again.
finger crossed for Pepsi ? Has he injured himself I think I’ve missed a post xxx

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
finger crossed for Pepsi ? Has he injured himself I think I’ve missed a post xxx
No, no injury he’s 100% sound. But did some foot balance X-rays which showed a very slight negative palmar angle behind, so we’re doing some remedial farriery to hopefully correct that. It’s just I’ve heard some horses can get a bit stiff when first adjusting. Anything I can do to make him as comfortable as possible and reduce any risk of injury :)

Marigold4

Visit site
Picking up loan shetland today! Plan is she is going to travel out in the lorry as a companion with my young sensitive horse so he's less stressed by going out. I only have a 3.5 lorry, so anything bigger pony-wise and we'd be over the payload. Pony is fairly local and we can have her for a month before deciding.

little_critter

Visit site
I had plans but have cancelled.
I was going to go to a have a go sidesaddle session with T on Sunday. I understand he’s done some sidesaddle in the past, I haven’t but fancy a try.
Unfortunately he’s being ridiculously jittery and spooky recently so I felt sidesaddle would not be a sensible choice at the moment. I’m going to take the opportunity to go for a loooong hack instead to work off some of his exuberance.