Last weekend in November plans

humblepie

Visit site
Hiding from the weather and watching the racing on TV interspersed with some DIY possibly. Hope the snow holds off for your dressage. I must admit I was amazed when realised it is December next week - how did that happen. Think the Christmas ads etc may have been a clue but still surprised.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Absolutely stuff all planned. I'll hack if the weather looks half sensible tho. Didnt plan in anything as had my covid booster this morning and was being cautious.
I did however have a saddle fitting yesterday, v pleased with one and it's now on order, roll on about 8 weeks time!

Good luck to those competing, enjoy going out and hugs to those with fuzzies off games x

Bernster

Visit site
Yuk, you’ve all made me go check the weather! Looks like it should be ok, bit wet and cold tomorrow and then cold but clear over the weekend.

I‘m doing a mini intensive sj session as I have the 2nd round of sj course hire tomorrow with the same instructor. We didn’t do loads last week. I’m happy to take it steady as I’m a wuss who can lose confidence easily. It’s all good experience though and Bertie has been very good to take out and about. He seems better on his own actually so I’ll stick with that for a while.

I was thinking of doing clear round on Sunday at the same venue but I don’t think we’re ready so I will probably just hack out over the weekend.

Im also about to enter the world of clipping, which I’ve never done before ? just baby steps as its more a case of trying to desensitise Bertie to the clippers. He needed sedation last time. I’ve got some cordless ones as the wire seems to be an issue. I’m bemused by the paraphernalia - clipping oil, different blades, tension or whatever it is…! I’ll just have a play around, see if he gets better, but I think I’ll still get someone else to do the actual clip!

J_sarahd

Visit site
I had a lovely lesson this morning working on getting us at a stage where we can do WELL at Novice dressage. Our coach says we could easily do it now, but we can now be a bit more “nitpicking” about certain movements.

On Sunday, we are off to Field Farm gallops with some friends for a hooley and a pop. I will probably just be sticking to the 80s and 90s but it will be fun!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
My long weekend involves a flatwork lesson, 2 hacks and

I'm most excited that thanks to time off in lieu I'll be riding all four days in the actual daylight. Just hoping it doesn't get weathered off!

First Christmas meal this weekend too :D

Last edited:

Sheep

Visit site
I have a lesson on Saturday with Heike Holstein which I am rather excited about! Forecast fairly awful here too, hoping the weather won’t affect things - horse is fine in wind etc, more concerned about towing but it’s a good route so hopefully all will be ok.

Dressage at a local venue on Sunday, going to have a crack at another elem test. Simple changes for the first time, we have only really started working on them but horse seems to really get it and I think he likes the busy-ness of the tests - he’s a big, long boy and I am a short, round lady so having lots to do seems to help keep him together (he can get a bit long and strung out).

We had a great time last night practising the changes on a 3 loop serpentine, the smaller circles seemed to help him keep his hind legs underneath him and kept the transitions clean and sharp.

Sprat

Visit site
I have a lesson on Saturday with Heike Holstein which I am rather excited about! Forecast fairly awful here too, hoping the weather won’t affect things - horse is fine in wind etc, more concerned about towing but it’s a good route so hopefully all will be ok.

Dressage at a local venue on Sunday, going to have a crack at another elem test. Simple changes for the first time, we have only really started working on them but horse seems to really get it and I think he likes the busy-ness of the tests - he’s a big, long boy and I am a short, round lady so having lots to do seems to help keep him together (he can get a bit long and strung out).

We had a great time last night practising the changes on a 3 loop serpentine, the smaller circles seemed to help him keep his hind legs underneath him and kept the transitions clean and sharp.

Sounds fab, do keep us updated on how it went! I like the changes work, its such fun.

Nothing horsey here at all this weekend as it's by besties wedding so Bean is on full livery all weekend while I'm busy. I've got a couple of lessons booked next week in prep for some tests the following week so hopefully next weeks plans will be a bit more exciting.

scats

Visit site
Working Saturday and on Sunday I have decided to move down the barn into two different stables (I have a block of 6 to myself) because they have central doors whereas current ones have doors at the side which annoy me greatly. Of course that means lifting a months worth of deep litter and all my rubber mats and fixture and fittings. I’ve just enlisted my Dad to help, poor man!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Won't be riding due to having serious dizzy spells. Was very bad last night, felt like I was steaming drunk

Saw doc this morning who ruled out everything except for neck injury or heart problem.

I had a fall a couple of weeks ago due to a rogue gust of wind (over 50mph) and I did feel like I might have a bit of whiplash at the time. Then day before yesterday I had to move a load of hay from one outbuilding to another and my neck started really hurting again and I've had dizziness ever since.

So I'm being referred for a neck xray as doc wants to rule out any kind of fracture, and I'm booked in for an ECG next week as a precaution.

Upshot of all that is OH insisting I take it easy. ?

Weather looks snowy and windy though so it's not a bad weekend for taking it easy!

Have a good one everyone and I hope the weather doesn't scupper anyone's plans.