LAW and training youngsters ?

gailt

Visit site
If you are training a youngster out on quiet roads, can you use L Plates??? lol or are you admitting you have an unpredicable horse? or can you have a tabbard that says caution young horse or something like that to make public aware...not that they have time to read but its just a thought really...any ideas on warning the public you have a very young and inexperienced horse in your hand!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think you can buy tabards that say caution young horse on them.

I know yuor admitting that you have an unpredicatable horse but isn't it better to make people more aware so they take better care in passing by?

Nailed

Visit site
If you put on a tabard with L plates on.. or one that read 'caution young horse' you are admitting liability and will not be covered by your insures.. stupid I know.
Lou x

Elmere

Visit site
I agree just wear reflective gear and if needs be get them to slow down or stop using hand signals, after all they're more likely to see hand signals than the writing on your jacket
wink.gif

spooks

Visit site
thats interesting to know, i used to wear a slow young horse tabbard just to get the traffic to slow down when they went past as they worked better than anything!

suzyseymour

Visit site
I have a 4 year old I wear a please pass wide and slow tabbard. Nearly all cars drive carefully past us and we are not admitting any liablilty of having a youngster. That would proably be your best otion.