Lazy Horse

Madam_max

Visit site
I really don't know what is up with Corroy at the mo, took her to dressage today and blimey she was hard work. I know it's hot and she recentlyhad a phantom pregancies, but she is such hard work. She's very willing does everything I ask, but I am working way to hard to maintain it. I have started feeding her a scoop of oats. Any other suggestions?

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Mine have been a bit similar recently, very obliging just lacking a bit of energy.. TBH i have put it down to this heat, its been sweltering recently and it must have some effect on there energy levels. See how she goes on the oats and perhaps have her blood tested if shes no better in the near future?

Roll on September & October, i want some cooler weather!!
smile.gif
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
I had the same problem - been stuffing mine full of oats.

However introduced 6 cows to his field and suddenly I have a pyschopath on my hands!!! Definitely just the weather!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
mine was lazy but i quickly turned her back to her normal feed and off just that lami chaff (but it smells nice :s) I cant stop talking about ride and relax its just amazing! I can have total control of my mare with out losing her forward, whizy-ness! plus its brillant for those prone to a strop!!

frannieuk

Visit site
DO you give her salt? I found that one of mine was rather lethargic and a friend suggested that maybe she was slightly salt deficient in this hot weather so I've been adding a bit more salt to her feeds - seems to have helped
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
bloss gets electrolytes after work, and has a pure salt lick in her stable aswell which she loves. but like i said to you shes still lazy atm, its definately the weather
smile.gif