lazy ned

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
hey my mare is out full time now which is great. Only thing is I think we might have to limit our schooling to hacks because she has been so so lazy. Ironic as earlier this year she was a complete maniac, now she is chilled as... Talk about extremes!! Took her in the school this evening. She was not listening to my inside leg at all, and wouldn't move off my leg. Just basically only half listening. I did lots of transitions and turns and things but it didn't do much. I rode with a schooling whip - just little taps and this got her forward a bit more but not very much. The other worrying thing was tonight she was making a groaning noise. Now her saddle's just been checked and refitted. I lunged her in it as well first to check it was fine and no problems. She's due to have her teeth done soon but they are not bad - do you think this might be it? She's not being fed anything at the mo - she's just on hay and grass because she ballooned out when she was turned out so keeping her weight down. We hack whenever I can which is most days, but we really need to work on our flat work!

spaniel

Visit site
Sounds like she is stuffed!
grin.gif

Louby

Visit site
I'd say shes stuffed. My boy came in tonight looking pregnant and uncomfortable. Lunged him a bit later on and he too was lazy. Felt bad but he is putting on so much weight and hes in at night.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
yeh its weird she has just got so so fat. she's not normally like this. She's in starvation paddock cos I was worried about laminitis, and I've been weighing her every week, and she has started to lose it. What can I do?

Louby

Visit site
The grass has sent my boy spooky up to now but tonight he just wasnt himself, I left him a while and then lunged him and he seemed much brighter after he'd got rid off the gas!!!
Im thinking of making his small paddock into 2 smaller ones. Got my hols in a month and I really need to get some weight off him now or I'll be worrying.