Le Lieux Grooming Gloves

Annagain

Visit site
Or Le Mieux even :rolleyes:

Saw these being mentioned in another thread. I had a pair for my birthday a couple of weeks ago so thought I'd post to tell you all I love, love, love them!

My boy hates being groomed so I've always had to use a rubber mitten, he's just too ticklish to cope with a brush. He had a bit of an :eek: moment when I first got them on him but he accepted them pretty quickly and I can now brush bits of him I couldn't get to before due to the rubber mittens being too bulky. I'm even getting right to the base of his ears which I could only do with my fingers before and he even seems to be enjoying it! My hands are staying really clean too.

They look a bit S&M but they're surprisingly comfy to wear and really get mud and old coat off efficiently. They really allow for precision too, say, around an eye or something like that You can even just use one finger.

Expensive but worth every penny!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
This latest LeMieux catalogue is packed with good stuff. For anyone wondering about the Jackhammer hoof picks, they are brilliant. I've had one for a year now and wouldn't use any other kind. I'm now off to look at the grooming mit as my pony is so ticklish grooming is a daily battle.

Nicnac

Visit site
Are they the ones from Horse Health? Are they called Hands On as those are the ones I've seen everyone raving about. But £19 for a pair of rubber gloves seems excessive!

LHIS

Visit site
Oo I will have a look for these. My pony loves a good 'hands on' approach and would appreciate this I'm sure. I have one of the Equilibrium massage mitts and he loves it. Last time he had a massage with it he nodded off and nearly fell over.
Can anyone share the link? Are they on horse health?
ETA- found it :) eBay a tiny bit cheaper than horse health if anyone interested..

Last edited:

Merlod

Visit site

Annagain

Visit site

Whizza

Visit site
I just treated my mare to some! She isn't one who enjoys being groomed. Hoping she appreciates theses... ��

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Could be but I didn't spot those. Although the le Mieux ones go right to the finger tips so I think provide more precision and control.

I'm worried about this precision grooming that I don't know about :eek3:

I don't know why they have to come in pairs, I am right handed :p I don't need pairs of other brushes :p

Annagain

Visit site
I thought this too (although I'm left handed :p) but they do seem right as a pair when you use them! I tend to use which ever hand is closest to the front of the horse so do use both. I think I must have been swapping over sub-consciously before.

What I mean with precision is you can get into little nooks and crannies. My boy is an expert at getting his face plastered in mud when he rolls and in the past I've had to use my fingers to go around his eyes and pick off bits of mud, Now I can use one finger in the gloves and it comes off so much more quickly. It also works well for armpits and around heels etc where a brush (or rubber mit in my case) can't get into the concave bits particularly easily.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I did sort of know what you meant, it just made me chuckle as attack F with my metal jockey comb thing. Mum has always used her stretchy pimple palm gloves in this manner as her mare is more fussy about these things.