le mieux pro sorb/mattes correction pad or something else

Moon Dancer

Visit site
I had the saddle fitter out recently as didnt feel my saddle was sitting properly at the front (they had been out in the summer and done a minor adjustment).
They said the saddle has dropped at the front as my horse has lost a bit of weight, understandable at this time of year and a bit of muscle and they suggested I tried a prolite pad with the inserts which they checked at the time and sorted the issue.
however this wouldn't be suitable to compete in especially dressage as it sticks out the back of the saddle and doesn't sit nicely.

Has anyone got any ideas on which would be a good one to use instead or just have to make do with the prolite until he muscles up again?

lucemoose

Visit site
I love my pro sorb half pad! It's paid for itself so much now. The extra shims are fantastic and it's very neat under the saddle. My saddler says once she has finalised the fit all I'll need is a gel pad but I shall muss my pro sorb.

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I have a plain prosorb and have been really pleased. I borrowed a prolite from my friend and it stuck out a mile behind the saddle. So I got the prosorb in medium and it is a much better fit. I also like that there are "loops" on the front that you can slip the saddlecloth girth straps through not that it has ever moved. Also mt tack is brown so the colour is better too.

jm2k

Visit site
What size/make saddles did you use the prolite and prosorb pads under? im looking for one now and was going to buy the large for a 17.5 saddle but im thinking i need a medium unstead?

Bernster

Visit site
I've currently got a mattes pad with shim inserts which sits nicely, isn't bulky and the shims are internal so discrete. They do a great range of colours too. Not cheap but I also use the le mieux sheepskin ones and they are fairly pricey too.