Le Mieux with Eskadron Underlay?

buddylove

Visit site
Does anyone team up their Le Mieux saddle cloths with an Eskadron underlay? I am so bored with my sheepskin pads and hanker after some pretty colours, but his lordship does love his dead sheep, so if anyone uses this combo does it work ok before I splash out? (2 weeks with the kids - online shopping will keep me sane-ish) 😂😂😂

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yes, BUT! the underlay is not designed for d ring attachments so if you have a monoflap saddle you'll need to alter it. No problem if you can use the normal girth straps though.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Yes I do and I haven't altered it I've just bodged it apparently :D

I've not actually used it with an Eskadron pad and hadn't realised it didn't work. I just stick them through the plastic clips and fold it back and it seems good enough, it doesn't move.

Mine is the VS underlay and the CC Lemieux so perhaps that makes a difference. Or I'm just a bodger :eek:

D843ECD9-8B1B-4D5A-B7F7-1FAA8BBFE119_zpsorfyu8c0.jpg

buddylove

Visit site
Thanks ladies. Would be DL cut under a standard dressage saddle. So hopefully would be ok, I quite like some of the Eskadron colours as well..... 😜

vam

Visit site
How thick is the underlay? I've been told by my saddler that madam would benefit from having something like the thinner sheepskin under her saddle, like the ones that have it already on the saddle cloth rather than a separate pad. I really don't want to fork out for new sheepskin saddle cloths so wondered if the underlay would work but it needs to be thin.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
they are quite thin, I'd say thinner than prolite and lots thinner than a normal half pad as obviously there's no quilt, it's literally just lambskin.
It's pretty much the same as a sheepskin lined saddlecloth, only difference is you can swap it round to use with other saddle pads. Easier to wash as well IMO as it dries fast, I just hose mine off if it gets really sweaty and chuck it in the wash with other sheepy stuff only occasionally.

vam

Visit site
they are quite thin, I'd say thinner than prolite and lots thinner than a normal half pad as obviously there's no quilt, it's literally just lambskin.
It's pretty much the same as a sheepskin lined saddlecloth, only difference is you can swap it round to use with other saddle pads. Easier to wash as well IMO as it dries fast, I just hose mine off if it gets really sweaty and chuck it in the wash with other sheepy stuff only occasionally.

Fab, thank you. I've got loads of saddle cloths and I really didn't want to pay out nearly 80 quid for just one, especially as she might not need it by the next saddle check as she growing and filling out. At least this way I can use it on what I already have.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
That's why I got mine. I had a griffin nuumed sheepskin lined pad on hire with the saddle but it only came on boring colours so I got the underlay which wasn't cheap but is about the same thickness and more versatile for using with my existing collection.

buddylove

Visit site
Purchased!!! Fingers crossed it works well with the LM burnt orange and teal that also fell into my basket 🙊🙊🙊