Le Trec

equibabe20

Visit site
Hi everybody,

I did my first Le Trec back in August in Sussex! Great fun had a nasty fall broke ankle and collar but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wondered if any of u have done Trec b4? I need sum tips on getting my boy under low branches and the immobility part - didnt do very well stood for 1 second then wandered of outside the circle and started eating! any help much appreciated

Sam xx

rrose

Visit site
aww, hun glad your better now. i have not done a le-tre but i am very interested!
grin.gif
how about walking your horse through the woods under the low branches on foot then ride through them.
grin.gif
sorry im not much help

equibabe20

Visit site
I would definatly recomend doing Trec its great! Im not better yet got another couple of months till I can ride again
frown.gif
good idea about riding under the branches. I under estimated how low they were gonna be on the day!!

equibabe20

Visit site
Nope still no riding, only did it 3 wks ago! need at least 6 to heal the ankle then posibly another 3 months for the collar bone, Im going crazy not being able 2 ride
frown.gif
if u go on the BHS website they have dates on there hopefully you will find something. The circle bit is easy enough i think if you practice but not too sure how u do that!

Bri

Visit site
I know there is one on in the first or second week of September around here somewhere...think it may be based at Epsom riding for the disabled.

Great fun, I did it 2 years ago. Was crap at it, but had an excellent day!
grin.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Hi, sorry to hear about your brokeness, how did you do it? I broke my ankle 2 years ago. Ouch.

I also did a trec comp in August at Uckfield RC. I too couldn't get Finni near the low "branches" despite him being brilliant in the woods. I think the bamboo canes just freaked him out.

I guess you could try building something similar at home?

For the immobility, I was told to walk to the rear of the horse and hope they start eating the grass!

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
Yes they are great fun and very valuable for training youngster, you have spook training, control and a hack all in one day.
laugh.gif

As for going under, leg on and start off low yourself, use similar canes or rig up an arch at home to practise it, for the stand still phase do some command training at home in the school, and aim at getting the horse to pay attention at all times of you.
have fun at your next
regards
Dawn

clipclop

Visit site
I've been to watch it and was impressed, it looks like a lot of fun.

I really want to have a go. Must get organised and ask the local Trec group when they do training etc. I can't see us being very successful at it
crazy.gif
but I am sure will will have a whole pile of fun
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Cheers
smile.gif

equibabe20

Visit site
thats the one I did!! thought i recognised ur piccys! i think i was the bamboo canes they don't look much like branches. he's normally fab under proper branches!

equibabe20

Visit site
I'm sure you'll be great at it. TBH i didn'tthink I'd be any good at it as my boy is a bit of a nutter but I was very surprised especially at my control of paces section! Everyone laughed when I said I would have to canter as slow as poss but he got joint highest score of the day! Ha goes to show what you can do with a little practise!