Leaking Bateson trailer?

Chex

Visit site
Its a long shot, but just wondering if anyone else with a Bateson has found that it leaks? We got it new in 2000 and its always leaked a bit, so was sent back for the door to be resealed. But it still leaks and actually had a puddle in it last time it rained - not good with a wooden floor!! I've checked everywhere for a leak but everything is sealed
confused.gif
I have no idea where the water is coming from
frown.gif
. Think I need to get a giant tarpaulin to cover it. I thought about phoning Bateson too, but not sure they'd do anything about it after 7 years
crazy.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Which bateson is it? We have an ascot and it has only ever leaked round one of the bolts in the roof. And only little drips if its seriously pouring down. Doesnt leave an actual puddle as such.

Try phoning Bateson - they're really helpful and will help or advise if they can.

Chex

Visit site
Its the Derby 44. Its actually like someone had put a hose into the trailer for a few minutes! I've checked the roof (I did wonder if it was coming though the seam) but I can't see any gaps at all
confused.gif
I'll phone Bateson, even if they can tell me what would be causing the leak then I could try and fix it!

Boxers

Visit site
Have you tried standing inside it with everything done up and then getting someone to play a hose over it? You may see where the water is coming in.

Make sure the person is a good friend and will let you out afterwards!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Just to say I have the little Bateson and have never found any wet inside mine - tight as a drum so would say it is yours rather than the model having a problem - mine is a 1999 model.

Chex

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just to say I have the little Bateson and have never found any wet inside mine - tight as a drum so would say it is yours rather than the model having a problem - mine is a 1999 model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well, there goes my hope of a free replacement
frown.gif
tongue.gif