Leaps and Bounds!

Parkranger

Visit site
Self indulgent post alert! Well we finally sorted out the feet issue - decided to just stop fannying about, get in there get it done. He's certainly less 'bolshy' but I think I was just freaking him out by dithering with him!

We then went out and had our first gallop (my god that horse can go - after riding QH and Saddlebreds I'd forgotten real speed!) and then had our first jump in the school when we got back - he's got some jump on him! Mangobiscuits fault - she's very persausive

Went out today with some girls from the yard and we jumped some XC jumps while we were out - first one he did he tanked off in a gallop afterwards then did a buck when he stopped - not a broncho just a barrel 'god, I feel good' buck.......I think one of the other mares careered up his bum aswell which didn't help
grin.gif
Did a few more after and he was fine.

So, we've turned a massive corner and are hopefully on our way to lots of fun....he's really enjoying being ridden now and is proving to be a really good allrounder.....fingers crossed!!!
cool.gif

Will post some new photos as he's starting to build up a lovely bum and topline...... x
grin.gif

ruscara

Visit site
This was so good to read! Yes, you have turned a corner; your confidence is rising and will continue to do so every day. That is brilliant! And both of you are having fun, which is what it's all about!
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Hello gorgeous!

WOW sounds as tho it is all really coming together
grin.gif
Am so happy for you and Ty, I think there will be hundreds more "leaps and bounds" posts to come
wink.gif