Learning carriage driving

merlin84

Visit site
Am thinking of asking for a carriage driving lesson for Christmas to try something horsey but different. At a ‘school’ with its own teams.

Does anyone know anywhere near London/Kent that you would recommend (suitable for more than one lesson in case I get the ‘bug’ - I tend to with most horsey things!)
Or anywhere to be avoided?

Shay

Visit site
Contact the British Driving Society - they'll have a list. There are several in surrey alone so you'll have plenty of choice!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Be careful, it's very addictive!

isnt it just! Its taken over my life. I think I am currently on carriage number 4 and half looking for number 5, although in my defence I did sell 3 of them so only actually currently own 2. But I've come a long way from the person who intended to maybe do the odd drive to the pub when it was sunny 😂

merlin84

Visit site
Ooh so much research. Everything about horses is addictive so will be no surprise if this turns out to be the same!

On another note, I have found out today I am pregnant - presume this won’t have an impact on being able to drive in the initial stages at least! Appreciate driving is dangerous like riding but am assuming someone else’s horse used to ‘teaching’ or at least forgiving driving novices will be pretty safe.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It might depend on their insurance cover rather than the safety of the horse :).

I've driven Rara's a few times which means I've been spoilt with very well schooled ponies, it's great fun!

merlin84

Visit site
Oh hell that will be annoying if I can have no horsey fun for 9 months due to insurance!

Had better check if my own rider insurance is invalidated too.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Ooh so much research. Everything about horses is addictive so will be no surprise if this turns out to be the same!

On another note, I have found out today I am pregnant - presume this won’t have an impact on being able to drive in the initial stages at least! Appreciate driving is dangerous like riding but am assuming someone else’s horse used to ‘teaching’ or at least forgiving driving novices will be pretty safe.

Congratulations!! That's lovely news :)

Driving is incredibly addictive.