Leather bridle makers help needed

kezimac

Visit site
Am looking for a headpiece design (or made to my design) that sits well back off the poll. Horse is sensitive over poll and TMJ (had injections in TMJ) - I have tried no browband but it slips forward back into the poll. The dyon difference bridle is where i want the headpiece to sit - but dont like the look of the browband incorporated into it.

So bridle makers can you help??? - Is it simply possible to make the headpiece sit back and avoid the TMJ completely and get the browband to avaoid TMJ? - I am currently in a Micklem and the noseband bit is great but still sits too close to poll for my liking.

Also tried Elevator etc... still too far forward for me. Would really like it to sit back and not have any leather over the TMJ at all. - then use a drop noseband or fit it to my micklem?

many thanks

Pidgeon

Visit site
The dyon noseband looks to fasten on both sides so could you not just swap noseband? Or is there local saddler who can make the headpiece for you?

hunteress

Visit site
Try and ring Heritage and have a word i got a girth from him and he was very good he's a saddler and the leather is sooooo soft. I also have a bridle like yours and a butet saddle so I love lovely leather so I wasn't dissapointed with Heritage leather !!!

wench

Visit site
Best bet would be to try a bridle maker. If you look hard enough you should find one relatively local to you.

kezimac

Visit site
yes i am about 8 miles from walsall! so should be able to get something made. Just need to kind of play with design and see how can get it to work as dont like the dyon attached browband, hmmm

You would think more people would need something like this as alot of bridles i see have the buckles all over the TMJ and that surely cant be comfortable for the horse