Leather showjumping boots

Parkranger

Visit site
Hoping we're going to get into things next year and want to invest in a nice pair of showjumping boots/xc boots for the boy.

I don't think I can wear white can I? As being liver chestnut he looks super smart in white!

Obviously the boots themselves are important too though!
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
White would be fine - I wouldn't buy boots with buckles as they are an absolute nightmare to undo when they get wet.

Rambo

Visit site
Wear whatever colour you like for x-c or sj'ing. Normal colours are black, white of brown, but I have seen others. Wouldn't go down the leather route personally as they are a pain to keep clean. Some nice neoprene ones that go in the washing machine are just fine
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Matters little which make you go for but as Dieseldog says go for velcro fitting every time. They always fit properly because you don't have buckle holes in the wrong place etc & they are easy to put on & remove, even when wet. Sheepskin lining may look nice but they are a pain to keep clean. I find neoprene linings better & are easy to keep clean.

samp

Visit site
The traditional Clarendon would be good for XC, personally I would get proper open fronted tendon boots for SJ thpugh so if they knock a pole they feel it

sorona

Visit site
I have jos lansik open fronted tendon and fetlock boots with sheepskin lining and they look fab, very professional but they only come in black or brown but the sheepskin is natural coloured. I find that they are alittle bulky though and although he doesnt normally brush, he does with the boots on which causes them to spin round smetiems if they arent tight enough and even though they have elastic adjustment, I feel the buckles are uncomfortable on his legs and feel guilty doing them up tight. I think he would rather he was wearing neopreme ones with elastic and wide double lock velcro!!