Leave in or turn out?

shadowboy

Visit site
Just been up to my 2 yo who is hopping lame. Do I bring in and risk him box walking/jumping out (the field buddy he is usually with keeps calling to him and winding him up) or turn him out. Heat along from pastern up tendons and round to the knee on the near fore. It's come on since morning....

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Can you electric fence him off in a tiny area with electric fencing? Then he'd be restricted but still with his mate. I did this when my old girl who didn't stable at all did her tendon and she healed brilliantly.

I hope it's not a serious tendon injury.

shadowboy

Visit site
I have electric fenced a section about the size of 3 stables - I'm hoping he will stay in there.

I can't bring his buddy in as he's a pig and and bargy- 17hh Clyde and I'm 5 months pregnant (on my own as his owner is out clubbing!)

My fingers are crossed for an abscess and not a tendon! Will cold hose him again tomorrow and see if we have any improvement.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
why not get your farrier out to check his feet.then you will have an idea if it is an abscess. if he is hopping lame he must be in pain so why leave it?