Leaving yards after pts

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Looking through my old photos tonight and it's dawned on me, when ever I have lost a horse at a yard, I have moved on. I do re-locate every 7 ISH years due to work, but I have never really put moving yards and re location together until tonight.

I just hope they know I will try to find them on the other side of rainbow bridge - well that's if I am the owner they want to return to. I do hope mine are all there, but worry that done I brought when they were older may want a other owner.

Think I am being over morose, but hey ho it is nearly Christmas lol x

Trouper

Visit site
Mine had better at least say "hello" even if there are others owners in the story that they have had more fun with. I'm the one that has had to make the hard decision in at least three of the cases!!!!!

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
When my old boy died last December of natural causes in his field (he was in his 30s) I had the strongest feeling that he had 'gone' to wherever he was as a youngster. It was really weird - normally I'm quite factual scientist so this was all a bit woohoo :) I don't know much about his background but very likely that he was born in the Welsh borders.

jkitten

Visit site
I'm agnostic, but I tend to think if we do go anywhere 'after', we won't be limited by our physical bodies anymore, so there will be plenty of us to go around among all those we loved in life, rather than having to choose. If so, I'm sure it must count for them too! :)

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Ah the rainbow bridge. I don't think my lovely old arab went over it when he was PTS. I think he's still faffing around at the bottom of it, he hated going up ramps and was terrified of coloured poles unless I led him, so I expect he's waiting for me to turn up with a handful of mints and some reassuring words.

maya2008

Visit site
Our much loved pony only ever had us - she gave my son confidence and skill just when he needed it in her last years, and gave her last sharer the support she needed in her rocky teenage years to make the right choices. We have reminders of her everywhere and her best mate nearly pined away with missing her. If she meets anyone on the other side it will be the two children she loved most, and her best friend - they were together for nearly 15 years!

shamrock2021

Visit site
I think that’s a natural moving yard after a horse dies. Most people don’t get a horse for a few months after a horse died because they need time to come to terms with it and the time it takes to find a new horse . I lucky to not have lost a horse . When my mare does go over the rainbow bridge I won’t be buying a another horse( hopefully not for a long time since she is young) I will be finished with horses. I would find it to emotionally difficult to get a another horse because I would be constantly thinking of my old horse.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Looking through my old photos tonight and it's dawned on me, when ever I have lost a horse at a yard, I have moved on. I do re-locate every 7 ISH years due to work, but I have never really put moving yards and re location together until tonight.

I just hope they know I will try to find them on the other side of rainbow bridge - well that's if I am the owner they want to return to. I do hope mine are all there, but worry that done I brought when they were older may want a other owner.

Think I am being over morose, but hey ho it is nearly Christmas lol x
Ah the rainbow bridge. I don't think my lovely old arab went over it when he was PTS. I think he's still faffing around at the bottom of it, he hated going up ramps and was terrified of coloured poles unless I led him, so I expect he's waiting for me to turn up with a handful of mints and some reassuring words.

If you carry on past the Rainbow Bridge there's a bit further down on the right where it narrows and you can just hop over . ;)