LED Hi-Viz

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I plan to ride in the dark once a week. Started yesterday, with reliable company.

I have a good head torch. Back and front lights on me and the horse, and an LED lit tabard. And a hiviz exercise sheet.

I'd like to add an LED breastplate, tail light, and maybe some clip on lights on bridle / browband / stirrups / legs / my arms etc.

I need to be seen to avoid walker / cyclist, and on the brief bit of quiet lane I ride on. Plus I want the horse well lit, in the case of parting company.

Any recommendations for inexpensive, durable, effective LED lights? That are easy to attach to me and the horse. And have reasonable battery life.

A quick look and it looks like lots of options and some quite expensive.

Thanks

twiggy2

Visit site
Just why would you put yourself and your horse at such high risk by hacking in the dark?
You can make yourself and your horse a visible as possible and people will see there is something but they won't see it is a horse, people pass walkers and cyclists much faster than horses and horses are so unpredictable, it's so dangerous.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Just why would you put yourself and your horse at such high risk by hacking in the dark?
You can make yourself and your horse a visible as possible and people will see there is something but they won't see it is a horse, people pass walkers and cyclists much faster than horses and horses are so unpredictable, it's so dangerous.

Thank you for your not asked for opinion.

The only bit of road I need to access is a private access road, which is closed at one end, the occasional traffic is accustomed to seeing horses with lights hacking in the dark. I am fairly new to hacking in the dark, but there is a long established history for this lane. The only accident history was in daylight (car hit a race horse intentionally - was in press). It is pretty obvious it is a horse and rider if you have enough lights on, in a wide range of places.

Cowpony

Visit site
Have a look at Visijax. I got a brilliant fluorescent waistcoat for Christmas and it's got everything! Mainly yellow, but orange bits too for daylight, reflective bits all over it, 3 red lights at the back, 6 white lights at the front and 2 big pockets with Velcro to stop things falling out. You can set the lights to flash fast or slow, or be steady, which I'm expecting to be useful when unlocking padlocks in the dark ? And it's washable, just remember to take the battery out of its pouch.

flying_high

Visit site
I have this breastplate in green, and I've cannibalised a red version to turn into tailstrips. I haven't had it very long, but very happy with it so far.

Video of it in action:

Thanks, I saw that on Amazon. The price is appealing, as it is half the price of some others, but the reviews are were poor. Good to know if it is working well for you. How long have you had it / how much have you used it?