Lee Pearson

ihatework

Visit site
Anyone trained with Lee before? Did you find him good and what is his general style?

He is doing a clinic at my yard, I already spend a small fortune on regular training, but if he is exceptionally good I might book in with him in addition.

Any feedback would be useful as he isn't someone I've ever associated with training!

Thank you :)

Tempi

Visit site
Ive not trained with him but would also be interested to hear from people who have. Im sure there is someone on here who has trained with him, but i might be wrong....

Mooch

photobucket.com
Right, let me think.

Lee has won 9 Gold Paralympic medals, has won six world championships and 3 European titles. He has to be able to comunicate to his horses through the slighests movements and feel. I have a sneaky feeling he might be able to offer us all a little help.

:D I've never been lucky enough to have a lesson with him, but I would jump at the chance.

On a lighter note, he has seen this and posted it on his Facebook. The guy has a great sense of humor too!! :D:D:D:D

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, snap up the chance! x

Trolt

Visit site
I love the way his horses go, it's impressive that he does what he does, but for me it wouldn't matter if he was able bodied or not: I judge on how his horses go, and they go brilliantly. Not just because they win so much, but they look soft and relaxed and through their back.

He also comes across very well in interviews, on tele and seems like he has a brilliant sense of humour. He strikes me as the type of instructor who could get things across brilliantly.

Never trained with him, but he strikes me as the sort of person who has good people skills (afterall the best riders aren't always the best communicators!) and I'd like my horses to go half as well as his do. I'd jump at the chance for a lesson ... and to hear what he had to say about my poorly behaved 13.1hh mare. I think the sarcastic comments would be hilarious :p

Leah3horses

Visit site
Anyone trained with Lee before?

Any feedback would be useful as he isn't someone I've ever associated with training!

Thank you :)

Is this Lee having a laugh??:) Maybe because Lee seem so down to earth, when he is our greatest Equestrian ever (see above for record Golds etc) he doesn't come across with the superior attitude some 'trainers' have...I would sell my Granny to have a lesson with Lee...think I'd learn more from an hour with him than months and months with somebody who 'talks the talk'..

Anyway.Enough of me being an Lee Pearson groupie lol.

Princess Julie

New User
Visit site
OMG Everyone, save your pennies up and have a lesson - he is amazing.

He will change your outlook of LIFE never mind develop your riding and you will have improved from the start to the end of his lesson. He is Mr. Positive!

I have trained with Lee for a few months and he is a fantastic person, inside and out, I run clinics for other riders to have lessons and EVERY rider has improved and enjoyed the lesson (it is hard work, not a "you doing really well" lesson). He tells you how it is and he has trained with top Grand Prix riders so is both technical from an able bodied perspective but also "thinks outside the box" when you are disabled and can't actually do something.

Worth the £££.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
FWIW I don't think the OP was doubting Lee's success - just asking about his teaching - not all those that can ride can teach and vice versa. ;)

I'd have a lesson with anyone right now, but having a rubbish broken horse makes that impossible :mad:

SpottedCat

Visit site
I can reassure you all that ihatework is most definitely not Lee Pearson - she is, well, a she for starters!

Also, it's a legitimate question - I've spent £££ on lessons with people who are exceptional horsemen and whose riding I always have (and still do) admire and come away thinking I might as well have spent it on toffee, and equally took a chance on someone who doesn't have the greatest reputation on the circuit (either as a rider or on a personal level - though they get results), and was blown away by how good they were as a trainer. I only booked the clinic because it was cheaper than hiring the facilities on a standalone basis so I figured if nothing else I had someone to put poles up for me!!

Being one of the best riders in the world doesn't automatically make you one of the best trainers in the world....

diggerbez

Visit site
totally agree with what SC said- a great rider is not necessarily a great trainer. i've had some awful lessons from 'names' who just weren't interested/ couldn't communicate properly

however, have heard very good thinkgs about Lee from friends. go for it :)

Pidgeon

Visit site
My dressage instructor has had lessons from Lee for years and gains a tremendous amount from them, raves about them in fact :D Would personally love to have one with Lee but fear our dressage is way off his teaching :eek:

hjw

Visit site
I will have been training with Lee for 6 years this Christmas and can certainly say that if you get the opportunity then go for it.

He took me and my mare on at prelim level when we had achieved nothing and on the face of it we had no prospects of ever doing so.

Over the years he has got us to medium and to either the summer and/or winter regionals at every level along the way aswell as two petplan finals.

Just to put that into perspective my mare is 20 years old (was 15years old when we started with Lee).

If you want motivation and inspiration have a lesson!!

pipsqueek

Visit site
Totally recommend! Had a really good lesson from him, watched him teach a few before me on clinic I went to and gave us all completely different lessons he seems really interested on you and your horse as individuals and was really helpful. Definately would go again, and i'm not dressage orientated just keen to improve flatwork. And he is really lovely too :)

desertstorm

Visit site
I run regular clinics with Lee he is an amazing person with a wicked sense of humour.

A wide variety of people attend the clinics and always come back for more... most are not dressage riders and don't always necessarily want to do dressage Lee teaches everyone as an individual and to their requirements..... spectators can see a distinct improvement throughout each lesson and we all have enormous fun:)

I have been privileged to see Lee work his horses too and I also learnt a tremendous amount through listening and observing..... go ahead its well worth the money believe me :)

ihatework

Visit site
Blimey, this must be the most response I've had to any post I've made recently!!!

Firstly thank you spotted cat for sticking up for me! I thought I asked a perfectly reasonable question too :)

Secondly, of course I know who he is and what he has achieved!!! But I have never seen him teach and I can tell you, just because someone has a few medals doesn't mean they can teach a muppet like me effectively.

Add to that he is £79, which is nearly the cost of two sessions with my regular trainer (who is fantastic by the way), I would like to have some confidence that I wouldn't be flushing my hard earned money down the toilet on a bimbling amateur riding a 5yo.

So thank you to those who have come on to give him positive reviews I will go away and count my pennies and see if I can stretch to a session with him!

Lee, if you are reading this, I hope I've given you a good giggle and look out for a duffer on a little black horse!

soupdragon71

Visit site
totally agree with what SC said- a great rider is not necessarily a great trainer. i've had some awful lessons from 'names' who just weren't interested/ couldn't communicate properly

however, have heard very good thinkgs about Lee from friends. go for it :)

Me too - wonder if it was the same 'name'?!:D