Leg brace/support

Quadro

Visit site
Evening all
I had an accident where someones horse kicked me. Ended up with a haematoma between the muscle and bone which has since got infected and a lot of muscle damage. Given a recovery time of up to 8 weeks.
However through getting on on the wrong side etc I am able to ride. Find a jump saddle a lot more comfortable than my dressage in which trot is difficult and my leg can buckle quite a lot. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas about a brace or support that I can use whilst riding for canter work etc?
Thanks
Q

blood_magik

Visit site
I asked my physio about a brace or support to stop my knee twisting during the rise after I wrecked my knee and he said not to bother.
the only thing he recommended was building up the muscles around the joint to make sure it was stable.

could you lengthen your stirrups for canter work so there isn't a lot of pressure on your knee?

I've been riding long since I started back and I've found that my knee doesn't hurt. Put my stirrups up and it does :eek:

James6

Visit site
I had knee surgery several years ago and found a leg brace of no use. My physio said not to bother and gave me strengthening exercises instead. I manage to jump with Sprenger stirrups but ride longer the rest of the time.
Hope that helps!

poorchickens

Visit site
I ride with supports on both knees under my jods. I can't wear my normal day ones as they have metal hinges and are really uncomfortable. I eventually found some good ones that have flat metal strips so don't stick out and rub against the saddle. I'll try and find the link for them. My (horsey) surgeon told me not to ride without them.