Leg wraps for arthritis

Rosie'smum

Visit site
My physio had suggested I look into some leg wraps to help with my mares arthritis in her hocks.
I was recommended the thermatex ones but just wondered what other people used.
My mare is a 14hh cob with not overly chunky legs. She normally is in small boots on the fronts cause she has small cannon bones but not quite wide enough and mediums behind.

I have got back on track hock boots but these have rubbed despite padding and now has little white marks where they have been 😕
I have also used turnout boots but hinds i struggle with them staying up. Would wraps be the same or less likely as less movement?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated thanks!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Ive literally just started using PE wraps on my ponies front legs this week. Hes a highland with chunky legs and short cannons so I bought the wraps and am using them with stable bandages. I know this doesnt help you with hock boots but the medium front wraps are the perfect length for mine

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I use PE ones which are really good. Also you can put in a magnetic liner instead of the normal ones. I use them nearly all winter on my oldie.

MuddyTB

Visit site
I've got the back on track stable wraps which I really like and they haven't slipped, (mine is a chunky TB and wears a large).
They're very similar to the PE ones, just different liners.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I used to use an old pair of travel boots on my arthitic horse in the stable, they keep the legs lovely and warm and cover much more of the leg, they were the really soft ones with a white fluffy lining without any of the plastic bits on the outside.