leg yielding down the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

sue12345

Visit site
Think I may have lost the plot. Driving down the motorway yesterday i believe i was leg yeilding as i changed lanes. Tell me i'm not the only one who's done this.

WelshD

Visit site
I find myself checking the car and steadying it before a sharp bend lol

We are all crackers...

Shay

Visit site
Quite seriously - when my daughter was younger my husband attached an old pair of driving reins to the dash board in his Landi so she could sit up front and "drive" the car! We start 'em you in our house!

benson21

Visit site
I always lean forward when going up and steep hill, and pat the dashboard when we get to the top!

Love

Visit site
Was with White_Magic on here (again). Her mum is currently teaching her to drive and I was in the back. She was still getting used to starting on a bit of a hill and went a little heavy on the gas and the car wheel span and then shot off forwards. I didn't realise it at the time but apparently I sat there and went "steeeaaadddyyy" in a really low calm voice! Hahaha

cobalobM

Visit site
im my first driving lesson my instructor must of thought I was such a weirdo, when I stopped the car I said "annddd woahhhh" :D

Hippona

Visit site
Lmao these are great!

I carry most things..l like shopping bags , dogs leads etc the way to hold reins :eek:

I push my wheelbarrow the way I hold my reins...thumbs on top:eek:

Daughter glares at me in the supermarket when I tell her to 'walk on':D

OH raises his eyebrows when I prod him in the ribs and tell him to 'move over'....:p

I think we all do it TBH

SVMel

Visit site
Always helps on the motorbike to use your outside knee and thigh when cornering. Discovered by accident - realised what I was doing when me and OH were discussing bike riding techniques lol

GeorgeyGal

Visit site
Lol I love these. I find myself doing pressure release on my 2 yr old son, it works as well and he hacks out beautifully!

TandD

Visit site
i am currently learning to drive but unfortunatly my riding 'instincts' take over...

i squeeze the steering wheel to go left or right..... i have to be reminded that it has to be turned :/
i say 'on'.......or if in a real difficult position 'get up!'....... apparently you have to press the pedals!!!!!
'whoa' to stop....... theres also a pedal for that

i prefer riding a horse - way more responsive to the voice ;)

mandwhy

Visit site
Haha ever since I was little, when a passenger I have always counted strides and jumped the streetlights on the motorway, its more of a steeplechase I guess.

My boyfriend says 'backup then' to me, the dog we are looking after, the lizards, just about anything and he never said it before the horses :-D

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
My sister clicked at my dad and bumped her hip at him to move over and he did straight away!:D. It took him a few minutes to realise what he had done!:)

Holding

Visit site
I kept stalling when trying to learn hill starts, until I realized that it was the same aids as a walk to canter transition. Now I'm great at them!

I've also never lived down the time as a child I decided to help my much younger sister go down a steep hill on her bike. She was scared of not being able to stop so I put her on the lead rein by attaching a rope to her handle bar. Needless to say, it didn't go particularly well.