Lemieux sizing - lambskin or merino+??

Jo1987

Visit site
Hi all, last question about dead sheep pads I promise!
I had decided on a Morpheus numnah but having heard such good things about Lemieux, I've decided to go one of them instead.
Just wanted people's experiences of them - Pros and cons of lambskin or the merino+ version for every day use, washing once a week/10 days or so.
Also the sizing on the website shows the length along the spine of the large merino numnah as 16" between rolled edges - seems very small even for a 17" saddle? Any info on how they fit size wise is appreciated!

Thanks!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Had a lambskin one with rolled edges and it was too small on a 18" saddle and it was a small 18. The saddle sat so it pressed on the join of the rolled edges creating a pressure point. 17" might be OK though.

Jo1987

Visit site
Ah that's what I wasn't hoping to hear! Definitely don't want it sitting on the rolled edges.
It is quite a big saddle despite being a 17" seat, wide panels and just chunky in general!

LinzyD

Visit site
Go for lambskin rather than merino and wash it on a wool cycle with wool friendly washing product. I bought one of each for my husband's two hunters, both washed weekly after hunting, and the lambskin one has washed and worn much better. They do come up small so go for extra full sizing. If you can't see the size you want online, call them and they will make to order.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I have the opposite problem. I got a le mieux lambskin seat saver for Christmas and is too big for my 17" saddle! Didn't try it on for a while after and now way passed the returns date. It is lovely quality though!

Cragrat

Visit site
I have a Lemieux merino +, full size, on a 17" Kent and masters. It is a little too big along the spine, and FAR too big depth wise - there is loads sticking out around the saddle flaps.

But it is about 8 months old, and I wash it weekly, brushing with a wire brush before and after. It looks brand new! I got put off lambskin after one just fell to bits in the washing machine - all the skin tore and split - even though I used the wool cycle, and covered it in human hair conditioner.

eta I also have a PE version with the stitched on lambswool - although it is washing just as well, I prefer the Lemieux.