Leon Phillips

bobbyoscar

New User
Visit site
Well, after 'lurking' here for months, I've finally taken the plunge and registered!!

Just read the comment about how well Ashleigh Smith has done on her horse 'Otto' and suddenly there was a name I recognised from my past further on in the post - Mr Leon Phillips.

I can also recommend this young man. Some years ago, he broke one of my stroppy youngsters and then would have 'Nino' back for schooling sessions. I was able to compete successfully both in hand and under saddle winning classes. I've also just been reading about him in 'Absolute Horse' magazine.

I wish Ashleigh all the very best with her horse and do hope she has as much success with him as I had with mine.

Puppy

Visit site
Well isn't that just the most humungous coincidence?!
smirk.gif

lordflynn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

think you and I on same wavelength with this one
wink.gif

spooks

Visit site
know nothing about this but cant say im happy having my 14 yr old daughters full name broadcast on the forum! there must obviously be a post further down which i havnt seen yet, will go and have a look now

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

think you and I on same wavelength with this one
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif
Oh yes Lord Flynn. And the post below, what a marvelous bit of self-promotion.... and not for the first time!
smirk.gif

spooks

Visit site
just seen the other post, ash tells me she uses her birth surname on here anyway so no harm done!

i have to say though that sending the horse to this yard to be schooled is the best thing i have done.ash is very pleased with the result and is also a better rider for it. she had a lot of positive comments from people who saw them at the show today that knew the horse before he went. what leon has achieved with him in 4 weeks is nothing short of fantastic. id recommend him to anyone

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
know nothing about this but cant say im happy having my 14 yr old daughters full name broadcast on the forum! there must obviously be a post further down which i havnt seen yet, will go and have a look now

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, sounds very dodgy to me!!

[ QUOTE ]
just seen the other post, ash tells me she uses her birth surname on here anyway so no harm done!

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand - is ashleigh smith your daughter?

spooks

Visit site
yes she is jem. i sent my horse off to be schooled as he was rushing fences and hadnt been schooled and saw this post titled with the name of the guy that schooled the horse so naturally i had a look then was a bit shocked to see my kids full name on the post from someone ive never heard of. then i saw the post that this poster had read which was from the people whose yard he was on (poster racehorse if u want to have a look ) they posted a message for ash as we took him to a show today to see what he would do in the jumping ring after the schooling. he was brilliant the yard owners were pleased so posted a message for ash and did a bit of self promotion while they were at it (as a lot of others do! ) this person saw that post and posted this ,from what i can gather other posters think it is the yard owners who have posted this message as well to promote themselves further and my post has been dragged into it as being dodgy when it was simply as i said, i saw this post first and saw my kids name on it and wasnt to chuffed about it!
i was going to post about him being sent off to be schooled and the end result but i darn't now in case i get accused of advertising them! put a bit of a dampner on what was a very good day really but thats life.

lordflynn

Visit site
dont think it was your post hel to be dodgy but the fact that the OP had done it? think we were on your side here! seems like blatant advertising on their part-dont let it spoil the moment, you arent at fault!

fjudge

Visit site
I dont see why someone cant say that a certain trainer/instructor/whatever is very good and has worked wanders? Surely we should be happy that someone has come on loads and take into consideration the trainers name if we ourselves may need help like someone else did?

confused.gif