Lepto 4?

shadowboy

Visit site
Mishka had her booster last week and was given lepto 4 and was told to come back in 4 weeks for a booster of the booster! We use kennels occasionally so have to have up to date vaccinations rather than titre test. Anyone know more about the new vaccination - ie why the change? Any risks? Is it universal everywhere?

Beausmate

Visit site
I strongly suspect it was the cause of my bitch suddenly starting to lactate. There appears to be very little information out there as to any side-effects; so that coupled with my leaky bitch means that neither of my dogs will be getting it next time.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Mishka had her booster last week and was given lepto 4 and was told to come back in 4 weeks for a booster of the booster! We use kennels occasionally so have to have up to date vaccinations rather than titre test. Anyone know more about the new vaccination - ie why the change? Any risks? Is it universal everywhere?

Don't know what area you;re in, but just to say that some kennels, like some insurance companies, will accept titre testing.

Jay89

Visit site
Up until recently we have only been able to vaccinate again 2 strains of Lepto, the new Lepto 4 vaccine now protects against 4 strains. It is basically offering more protection for our dogs, in order to be fully protected by the new vaccine dogs are asked to go back in 4 weeks, a bit like when they start their vaccines. MSD have obviously spent a lo of time and money into research of the new vaccine, there haven't been that many reports of any reactions to he vaccine, if you think your dog has had a reaction you should contact your vets who can inform MSD, who will be very interested to hear from you and may even help towards treatment. I'm sure it is a vaccine that all vets will upgrade to.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
It is the jab we believe caused my lab to have immune mediated poly arthritis, from a vet friend there has been a few side effects but little recorded. Many vets are swapping to it but some are still offering the original for now. But as said above it is just a new version with more protection.