Lesson on a SJer?!?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Does anybody know of somewhere (preferably in the South East but would be willing to travel) that do lessons on SJ schoolmasters? I had lesson a while ago at Oldencraig on one of their Dressage schoolmasters and it really did help me feel what I was trying to achieve with Otto.

Otto and I are having a few SJ issues and I think it could be me that’s the problem (even though we are having lots of lessons together) so I thought it would be nice to actually ride something that knows what its doing to help me get that ‘feel’. What do you guys think, good idea?

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think thats a really good idea but dont have any suggestions i'm afraid.

I am trying to look for a SJ trainer that is willing to travel myself and am having no luck
frown.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Urm as far as places that do lessons on SJ's are concerned, the only thing I can think of is finding a quality riding school which would have some decent horses to ride. failing that i would think you'd need to beg a friend to have a go, if you know any???

Kelly - you still havn't found anyone?? I know a few, think I did PM you, but the best would be Lisa Murphey, she would travel to
smile.gif
Had a lesson at hers the other week and was really good, lovly girl as well
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Sorry i think i may have lost the PM as i was going thorugh all the hassles of selling Trike etc.

Can you PM me her details?? How much does she charge and is she willing to travel?? Also do you know what experience she has??

Sorry JoElla for hi-jacking your post
crazy.gif

threeponies

Visit site
There was athing about this on TV a while back and from what I remember a lot of places offer these kind of lessons but don't neccessarily (sp.) advertise them. I think you'd be best to phone places and ask if they do the lessons. Also think there was an article in H&H about it too.

Governor

Visit site
I was thinking exactly the same thing last night - I can't exactly work on my own position in lessons because i'm too busy thinking about Governor - poor excuse but I think lessons on a schoolmaster would help. Haven't had any luck so far but if I find anything i'll let you know.

What was the Oldencraig lesson like? I was considering that too but i'm scared of looking like a total idiot!