Lesson prices

daffy44

Visit site
I wonder if I could ask for some opinions on the amount people are happy to pay for lessons? And what makes the difference in how you decide how much you are happy to pay, is it who the person is trained by, competition record, facilities etc?

LeannePip

Visit site
I generally go by word of mouth, results of clients (not necessarily competition results but the change in the horse how its progressing under such instructor) even better if they are out competing themselves, never asked for qualifications . . .

my instructors are between £25 - £30 flat lesson at home, £15 - £25 jump clinic at local yard with a couple of others and £50 XC lesson at BE course (inc course hire). I use a few different instructors aside from my main flat work one, they all compliment each other well

Harry44

Visit site
I pay £35 for lessons with my regular instructor and that is at home, I then pay either £50 or £75 for one off lessons and that includes arena hire. I think it is worth having the one off lessons occasionally as they make sure I am on the right track! I have found dressage lessons cost a lot more than jumping lessons!

LiffWee93

Visit site
25 for my flat lessons with a fab instructor - by word of mouth I normally chose my instructors, if people have had good results, I'll give it a go and see if their way of thinking works for the pony and I, if not, I don't go back :)
Hit the bullseye with my current instructor and am going from strength to strength :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Currently paying £65 for mine. But she is a list 2a judge and rides at GP (not that it makes a difference to me as I like her because of the person she is and how she teaches). And that includes arena hire as to get to her own base requires an additional 30 mins of windy country lanes. I am happy with that as we have one or two lessons a month, but it would obviously be rather a lot to have more regularly. x

CleanShavings

Visit site
I pay £50 per lesson at summerhouse, I have the advanced ones. It's on there own horses as I'm in between horses at the minute so having a polish up

nikkimariet

Visit site
I pay £80/45 mins with Mike E.

Choice is based on accessibility and suitability.

I charge £20/60 mins myself. Regionals, Areas and Winter Nationals up to AM plus now PSG qualified I wouldn't say I was over charging.

Last edited:

leflynn

Visit site
I pay £45 for 45 mins if off site and £40 for 45 mins if at home (same instructor), think that is good value as we've made great progress and I always feel like i have things to work on at home

blood_magik

Visit site
I pay £30/45 mins with someone on the French Olympic reserve team.

My main considerations were availability and patience - my big horse didn't have the best start with his flatwork so we've essentially restarted him and she's so good with him when he doesn quite get what he's being asked. She's based at home, too, and always willing to give me a hand if I'm struggling with something.

oldie48

Visit site
I pay £40 for 40-60mins with a very experienced dressage rider in an indoor school which he lets me use once a week on my own. I pay £30 for a session with another trainer who is trained by the same person and continues my training in a similar way and I have a monthly lesson with a list 1 judge who is just fab and charges £62.

daffy44

Visit site
Thank you all very much, I really appreciate your responses. I am trying to decide whether to put up my prices a little, and so I wondered what people are happy to pay, I dont know if I allowed to say my relevant qualifications/experience and ask you all what you think is a fair price, or is that considered advertising?