chaps89

Visit site
Requirements (from memory)
- 16-17hh
- MW type build/weight carrier
- Must be able to live out and preferable if barefoot
- Must hack safely alone and in company
- Nice temperament, doesn't need to be a plod but nothing too sharp
- Primarily for hacking but also fun rides, some schooling, an all rounder basically.
- OP is in Shropshire, I don't think she minds travelling but obvious preference for something closer to home
- I think she preference is 6-12 years old-ish. Age preference seems to be nothing too much older but OP did go to or plan to see one a bit older I think so if it ticked other boxes older might be considered
- Budget £3k tops

Personally I would suggest nothing out of work/sold from field and really something already doing the job it's going to do with the OP

Hope SLH doesn't mind me writing this!

chaps89

Visit site
The preloved one for Ruby looks nice but I do not like the way she is stood behind in the photo of her stood up. You can also see in that photo a camera roll of other shots which show her stood similarly. I know conformation doesn't always mean problems but that camped under look has always been linked to back or hock problems when I've seen it before, I see it is a more of a symptom than say long pasterns which some might not like but don't actually mean there is an issue, if that makes sense.
She's also a long way away.

The coloured hunter on HorseQuest has been linked to previously but SLH hasn't commented.

I know Janet George on here has suggested SLH message her, given as she has Irish draughts and is in Shropshire I do hope SLH has done this :)

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Haha, I've only just seen this. You guys are great :)
However, just at the moment I'm having a bit of a Fibro flare up so very tired physically and mentally just now.
Obviously I still want a horse but recent events have been stressful and I need to chill a bit.
Due to the deposit situation plus my car being a bit sick and my washing machine dying a death etc I've had to temporarily dip into horse funds to sort stuff. Typical it all comes at once as I'm normally pretty sorted 🙄🙄🙄🙈
So I'm currently at about £2400 which means I need to recoup cash before I can realistically start shopping again. This will take me a few weeks but is doable :)

ihatework

Visit site
Hi guys, I've been having a vague browse and have come across this mare on Preloved and Facebook. I REALLY like the look of her but thoughts welcomed..
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/...tml?link=/search?keyword=Boots&sectionId=3365

She sounds like a nice raw cob with some underlying anxiety behaviours that could escalate quickly in the wrong hands or be trained out in the right hands. Price/age/type all add up.

I’m not convinced this is what you need though.

concorde

Visit site
I think you need something more established than a 4 year old with poor stable manners don’t you ?
What about some of the older ones listed by others above ?
I can see though that a 4 year old is more likely to be sound than the cheap older ones

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I think you need something more established than a 4 year old with poor stable manners don’t you ?
What about some of the older ones listed by others above ?
I can see though that a 4 year old is more likely to be sound than the cheap older ones

Working with a smaller budget at the moment and just really like her "type".

SpringArising

Visit site
Hi guys, I've been having a vague browse and have come across this mare on Preloved and Facebook. I REALLY like the look of her but thoughts welcomed..
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119012156/15316hh-raising-5-year-old.html?link=/search?keyword=Boots&sectionId=3365

This sounds like the sort of horse who could go wrong very quickly in the wrong hands. Big old girl should she decide to twit about too.

I agree with IHW, she doesn't sound suitable for you. You seem to be drawn to horses with behavioural/trust issues. I also think she's expensive for what she is.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119012156/15316hh-raising-5-year-old.html?link=/search?keyword=Boots&sectionId=3365

She looks nice but she's sounds like a large rude cob that hasn't been taught any manners by 5 yrs. Why not?

I'd want to know exactly what her bad stable manners involve.. Does she walk through a closed stable door trashing it? Does she walk over her handler? Cart them? Why is she good to groom ' once tied up'...is it a fight to get her to the tie ring?

Not insurmountable problems but very annoying to sort out.

LaurenBay

Visit site
Hi SLH, I know you said to hold fire ... but just couldn't resist posting this guy as he sounds so very lovely, and I remembered you had a penchant for CBs.

Ok no more now I promise :D

http://www.horsequest.co.uk/advertisment/209153

If you don't buy him, I will!

Sorry I don't like the sound of the mare, too green and sounds like a spooky type.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Have you considered using a 'horse finder' type service. I bought both Dolly and Jenny that way and I don't think I'll ever buy from ads again. Just so, so, SOOOO many disappointments and wasted journeys looking at not-as-advertised ponies.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
SLH, please please remember you have to buy the horse you NEED now and not the one you want. :)

some of the cheaper ones will have behaviour problems, this is the reason they are cheap. you need a horse that you can manage easily both ridden and on the ground. , from your previous posts this mare is the type you like but realistically ones that are well behaved and suitable for you are nearer £4000..and she is not suitable i am afraid.....none of us know how much experience you have or how confident you are but from reading all of the threads you have posted, you have some health problems and would not be able to cope with a badly behaved horse...if you cannot get near to £4000 , an older horse (12 to 15 years) could be exactly what you NEED and at a price you can afford....hate to be a killjoy but wouldnt like you to make a mistake which causes an accident or losing confidence...