Let’s find a horse for SLH

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I would definitely go and look at the chestnut cob. Shes a pretty little thing and the right size and type. Lots of cobs would be rude pigs and or worried to death with a certain type of owner yet give no trouble with the right one.

That was my thought too.

When I went to see my cob he was barging all over his owner and she was scared to put a headcollar on him (she had the place set up so she could just herd him from field to stable and back). Not helped by the fact they'd just sold his long-term field companion so he was going nuts with seperation anxiety. It was obvious handling and riding him that he was sensible underneath it and not up for really escalating anything, and watching the owner it was clear she wasn't the most assertive handler. Once we got him on the yard he made one attempt to barge out of his stable, found the YO didn't get out of the way, reared up and hit his nose, then decided that was too much bother and gave up on the idea. Within a week he was handling as easily as any other horse on the yard, apart from some issues around food which took maybe 6 months to resolve fully and were never dangerous (he'd learnt to pull faces and threaten but it was all bark).

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
He's being sold by bridge house farm equestrian, theres a video of him hacking round their xc course on yasmin's horsemanship ltd on facebook
Can I ask how you linked his preloved ad to this? My internet sleuthing skills are clearly not up to scratch.

Ah, did you google the phone number? I have a lot to learn.

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
A couple of these might be a bit more suited to a max weight of say 14 ish stone but otherwise, they all look like contenders, if the sellers will take an offer.

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_201137.jpg
    IMG_20190523_201137.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190523_201120.jpg
    IMG_20190523_201120.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190523_201107.jpg
    IMG_20190523_201107.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20190523_201054.jpg
    IMG_20190523_201054.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 58

Regandal

Visit site
There's a 7 year old 16.3 mare just came up on my fb feed. From the ad it sounds as if she's quite strong though, 'man's horse' and there are no ridden pics.........£2500. Has showjumped in Ireland. Unfortunately she's in Selkirk.
selkirk mare.jpg

chaps89

Visit site
Re the hunter type just linked to on preloved I think he's priced about right. He's a big horse which is not a popular size and so limits your market.
He also doesn't have much of a CV - 9 and has only hacked.
There's a lot to be said for a safe hacker and if he is good to hack then I'd say he's likely to suit SLH well, especially as she is happy to/wants to improve schooling herself and can have lessons.
But he's done nothing else, not proven in the school, at competition or out hunting. So his price feels about right to me.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I've rung them but no answer, I love the look/sound of him and he's soooooo close to me. I've left a voicemail so keep your fingers crossed please..!!!!
I know there has been some very mixed opinions on the blue/white cob x too but I'm thinking of having a look at him in the flesh as I'm quite taken with him :)

Just to add, in terms of what he has done etc he is EXACTLY what I'd like. I don't NEED anything that is amazing from a schooling perspective, I can work on that. It simply has to hack alone without being a dickhead.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I've rung them but no answer, I love the look/sound of him and he's soooooo close to me. I've left a voicemail so keep your fingers crossed please..!!!!
I know there has been some very mixed opinions on the blue/white cob x too but I'm thinking of having a look at him in the flesh as I'm quite taken with him :)

Just to add, in terms of what he has done etc he is EXACTLY what I'd like. I don't NEED anything that is amazing from a schooling perspective, I can work on that. It simply has to hack alone without being a dickhead.

I think those two are the pick of the crop so far.
I wouldn't wait for sellers to get back to you though, keep phoning!

indie1282

Visit site
But she knows your budget and thought she could sort you out with something suitable. It might be a friend's it might be a cross, it might be something she's had back for some reason, you don't know if you don't ask. You're assuming you can't afford it because you know what she breeds but you've been open about your budget etc - if she says she knows something that might fit the bill it's because she does!

I've said this 2 or 3 times! JG knows the budget so must have something in mind