Let’s find a horse for SLH

G&T

Visit site
Omg that colt ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

What a super looking horse. Just a word of caution, and I’ve no idea of your experience level so please please do just ignore me if this doesn’t apply, or is patronising! I’m sure you’re 100% capable of bringing on a yearling (presumably with professional help breaking and backing) but do just ensure also that your facilities and set up are suitable too. I think you’d mentioned before that you wouldn’t want to move yards? A small set up with no other youngsters isn’t the best start for a yearling, just my 2 cents.

I can see why you like him though 😍

HorseyTee

Visit site
For what it's worth...when I was moving from loaning to buying, I basically gave up searching as I judt couldn't seem to find the one I wanted.
As sods law would have it, the moment I gave up, was the moment a friend of a friend decided to sell her boy, and here we are nearly 4 years later.
Even though some of the horses I'd looked at seemed perfect, I'd never have ended up with my boy if I'd bought any of them.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
What a super looking horse. Just a word of caution, and I’ve no idea of your experience level so please please do just ignore me if this doesn’t apply, or is patronising! I’m sure you’re 100% capable of bringing on a yearling (presumably with professional help breaking and backing) but do just ensure also that your facilities and set up are suitable too. I think you’d mentioned before that you wouldn’t want to move yards? A small set up with no other youngsters isn’t the best start for a yearling, just my 2 cents.

I can see why you like him though 😍

I realy couldn't understand why AA put the link on. SLH sold Bailey because her set up wasn't suitable for an unbroken youngster.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I realy couldn't understand why AA put the link on. SLH sold Bailey because her set up wasn't suitable for an unbroken youngster.

I put it up as the stamp of all the yearlings is ideal for an all round weight carrying sensible horse, that could be made into the right type for the OP, or any of us, if I was younger I would buy the show hunter yearling. The yearlings have no baggage, no poor handling or up bringing and won't be a vets worse nightmare. It would down to the OP to provide the environment and make the horse until 3 years of age and then get it professionally started. The dun horse had been ruined before it ended up with the OP.

All I was saying is, start with a blank canvas, get the education right and you would have a superb ID.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
All I was saying is, start with a blank canvas, get the education right and you would have a superb ID.

I'm sure you would but SLH has already made it clear that she wants to stay at her 'yard' and doesn't have the facilities, including appropriate company, for a youngster. It has already been established that she needs a made horse, already doing the ob she wants it to do, which was why I was surprised to see the link.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I'm sure you would but SLH has already made it clear that she wants to stay at her 'yard' and doesn't have the facilities, including appropriate company, for a youngster. It has already been established that she needs a made horse, already doing the ob she wants it to do, which was why I was surprised to see the link.

Apologies.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Omg those yearlings❤❤❤! My favourite is the little filly with the star. It's a good job our south house hasn't sold and husband's bonus is delayed... else I'd be making a very silly phone call. 😂 they are just exactly the kind of horse I will be after at some point.

Sorry your horse search isn't working out yet SLH. I've not posted because I have no useful input to offer but am following and willing a good outcome for you!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Omg those yearlings❤❤❤! My favourite is the little filly with the star. It's a good job our south house hasn't sold and husband's bonus is delayed... else I'd be making a very silly phone call. 😂 they are just exactly the kind of horse I will be after at some point.

Sorry your horse search isn't working out yet SLH. I've not posted because I have no useful input to offer but am following and willing a good outcome for you!

Investment ! - 3k today will be 6k when they are on long line, had an outing in hand showing and been sat on. 8k when they have done a couple of prelims, popped a 70cm baby course, won a novice hunter class and seen hounds. Plus all esy to do as their breeding is pure ID, quiet and sensible. Go on, hide it somewhere your husband can't see !!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Investment ! - 3k today will be 6k when they are on long line, had an outing in hand showing and been sat on. 8k when they have done a couple of prelims, popped a 70cm baby course, won a novice hunter class and seen hounds. Plus all esy to do as their breeding is pure ID, quiet and sensible. Go on, hide it somewhere your husband can't see !!

You are a bad person, tempting us like this! 😂

PapaverFollis

Visit site

Husband is even less sensible than I am and I'm probably going to have to not show him the advert. Lol. But even he would have to resist for now as it's going to be a stupidly skint couple of months, even compared to the last few stupidly skint years! Sadly. They've come up for sale at the wrong time. Plus I'd have to transport them the full length of the country! Give me 3 or 4 months then I'll be starting my own thread!

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
Hang in there is all I can say. I bought a mare thinking she was what I wanted. The description was right and I thought she was so I bought her. I thought I was sure. A couple of months down the line I realised nice as she was she just wasn't for me.
I've been looking since then and it's taken me 8 months to find my new pal... I'd given up. Everything I liked either sold before I could get to view, the seller didn't reply or dropped off the face of the earth when I offered a deposit or just never got back to me. I resigned myself to buying a youngster (not a problem) but I wanted something to ride or something off spec.
On the off chance I replied to an ad the other day. I'd stopped looking for me and was having a nosey to see if there was anything that might suit SLH . He was possibly sold but I could come see him. By 9pm I'd fallen in love and I'll have him home soon.
He was well within budget and I may have accidentally bought an unbacked ID as a project alongside him.

You'll find your new friend when you least expect it SLH

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I shall shut up ! it would be difficult to hide anything as orange as those yearlings I suppose. i managed to hide Ted with the cows but he wasn't bright orange !

Trouble is, there’s a distinct lack of chestnuts at my yard, I’d have a job hiding him and even my totally non-horsey OH would realise the horse had changed rather radically from a piebald 15hh cob! 🤣

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I appreciate you want to ride now, but if you have time to invest have a look at reference
208636 horse quest all rounders under £3000. All of those yearlings will be special and give years of fun.

I saw this ad last week.. was that close to calling. What gorgeous yearlings, just a bit to big for me specially the colt.
Would love to see those once the're grown up!

I dread when the time comes to buy another.. when I bought mine they were super cheap, I viewed them unbacked and felt sorry for them, without any vetting or anyone i'd class as really 'knowledgeable' having a look and took them home the same day. If I posted their conformation on here, I am sure you'd say avoid. They done the job, we had fun but now over 5 years later due to conformation (we think) they both have injuries/issues related to it.

SLH is doing the right thing and hold out for the ideal horse. Its definitely worth having knowledgeable members casting their eye too.. and I really do think a vetting is worth it just for a vets expert eye opinion.

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sorry your horse didnt work out SLH, AA love the yearlings but at 73 i think a bit too late for me and also a bit too big. they will be really nice when they grow up..... so SLH what height are we looking for , i will start looking again...lets hope between us all we can find the right one for you...

Hollychops

Visit site
I am another sitting on my hands!! I love all 3 of them especially the colt, but i dont have the time, knowledge or company for a youngster. But i do have a bit of a thing for a ginger with some bone :) They are all gorgeous......

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I appreciate you want to ride now, but if you have time to invest have a look at reference
208636 horse quest all rounders under £3000. All of those yearlings will be special and give years of fun.

The filly with the tiny star for me. Gorgeous! Will make 16.2 so not too gigantic.

Sadly my facilities would not suit a yearling, but she is gorgeous!