Let’s find a horse for SLH

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Or she’ll be cited in divorce proceedings, judging by all the folk who are working out if they can smuggle one home...

:eek: If anyone gets the show horse I will swap you the Furry Farter for it. You will be able to hide a black one easier than an orange one.

We are off topic, poor SLH needs a horse and I doubt she would want the aforementioned Furry Farter.

G&T

Visit site
Investment ! - 3k today will be 6k when they are on long line, had an outing in hand showing and been sat on. 8k when they have done a couple of prelims, popped a 70cm baby course, won a novice hunter class and seen hounds. Plus all esy to do as their breeding is pure ID, quiet and sensible. Go on, hide it somewhere your husband can't see !!

AA you are a woman after my own heart with the old ‘investment’ line! I’ve taken this angle so many times re horses that my other half will now roll his eyes and drily remark ‘ah right I see, so actually, you really can’t afford NOT to buy it then?!’

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Quick FB-Stalk reveals she has owned the horse since at least 2016 so not a dealer pretending to be a private home. I wonder why she is selling him?

Asha

Visit site
Quick FB-Stalk reveals she has owned the horse since at least 2016 so not a dealer pretending to be a private home. I wonder why she is selling him?

You are very good , i never thought of doing that. He seems to tick the boxes for SLH on paper, so fingers crossed hes a nice as he sounds

ihatework

Visit site
That coloured seems suspiciously cheap. When ads say "Will only go to the right person" I automatically assume it's a nutter.

Isn’t it funny how different ads are interpreted. I didn’t read into that the horse was a nutter and I’d certainly call if I were SLH.

Also that isn’t suspiciously cheap - 13yo hunted with a small pack and gone to a few clinics and fun rides - so not a big CV for the age. Maybe there is a declaration that will be made over the phone.

No major run away and don’t waste your phone bill red flags for me

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
That coloured seems suspiciously cheap. When ads say "Will only go to the right person" I automatically assume it's a nutter.

I read that as home needed to be good enough for a loved horse, not horse needed to be carefully placed. But who knows. Loads of ads say 5* home only and then never ask buyers a single question about how they are going to keep the horse and what kind of set up they have! I always vet homes though.

little_critter

Visit site
I've just bought a total bargain. I had to question the price...twice! He is a total gentleman, passed a 5 stage vetting with flying colours and is a bit of a looker too. If I had no scruples I could have put him straight back on horsequest for £1500 more than I paid for him (easily).
So while a too cheap horse rings alarm bells it might still be worth a look - but go with your eyes wide open.

9tails

Visit site
Investment ! - 3k today will be 6k when they are on long line, had an outing in hand showing and been sat on. 8k when they have done a couple of prelims, popped a 70cm baby course, won a novice hunter class and seen hounds. Plus all esy to do as their breeding is pure ID, quiet and sensible. Go on, hide it somewhere your husband can't see !!

But they'll cost at least £10k in the process unless it's what you do for a living.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
That coloured boy is gorgeous but over budget for me at the moment :(
As I said earlier in the thread I'm sat at 2.4k at the moment due to several disasters. It's not looking like that's going to improve in a hurry either....the money I planned to add to it this week has been spent by two of my dogs at the vets 😣😣😣😣

Asha

Visit site
That coloured boy is gorgeous but over budget for me at the moment :(
As I said earlier in the thread I'm sat at 2.4k at the moment due to several disasters. It's not looking like that's going to improve in a hurry either....the money I planned to add to it this week has been spent by two of my dogs at the vets 😣😣😣😣

Sorry SLH , hadn’t seen your budget had changed . If anything else pops up , I will let you know . Hope the dogs are ok x

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thsnks A, nothing major luckily for the one, just some muscle strain. The other boy is never so lucky bless him, he is virtually blind at 4 due to juvenile cataracts that can't be operated on for a few reasons. Back at the vets with him today due a huge fluid filled swelling on the side of his neck. I swear that dogs are ten times more trouble than horses..!!!

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Not making assumptions but I always want to know why a horse is for sale. As my RI once told me- every horse is for sale for a reason. Life events, changes of circumstance etc are preferable to me than things like over horsed or wasted with me or no time to do him justice etc etc. Its a question I always ask any seller.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Does it matter though? Not every sale is someone trying to offload a problem. She may have personal reasons or just had enough of horses.

Let’s not try and read between the lines again :confused:
It absolutely DOES matter and when buying horses you have to read between each and every line, and also look at the invisible ink used!
SLH falls in love very easily with horses, so you HAVE to ask the pertinent questions before going to look at the horse; otherwise you are wasting your time and resources. If you go and view a horse without asking the relevant questions, fall in love with it, and get it vetted and it fails, you have lost money and time.

Summit

Visit site
It absolutely DOES matter and when buying horses you have to read between each and every line, and also look at the invisible ink used!
SLH falls in love very easily with horses, so you HAVE to ask the pertinent questions before going to look at the horse; otherwise you are wasting your time and resources. If you go and view a horse without asking the relevant questions, fall in love with it, and get it vetted and it fails, you have lost money and time.

What I’m saying is there have been many many posts of horses and pretty much each one has come up against conflicting comments....:not really fair when looking at just a photo or a badly worded advert.

Many people have commented that there has been too much nit picking. If you read back you’ll see the comments.

As my last sentence said...let’s not read between the lines “AGAIN”

Annagain

Visit site