Lethargic horses

Elliejolie

Visit site
Hi is anyone else finding their horses lethargic atm? We have 4 that I know of right now who are usually on their toes and seem to have lost their va va voom. Very confusing. They're all vaccinated wormed when necessary, on good quality feeds and supplements sound normal poos etc and yet they are quite noticeably sluggish. No sign of any infections or viruses. Funnily they are all gelding and all grazing the same field atm. There's no ragwort or weeds of any kind really. At a total loss 🤷‍♀️ will get the vet in the next couple of days if there's no improvement

GrassChop

Visit site
Adding to your thread as mine seemed a bit off weekend before last but still had her usual boost when we got to the gallop places on a hack. Took her out today and we walked on the buckle the entire time, even heading home and where we'd gallop, she just walked which is incredibly unlike her. It is really mild. It's just so odd!

Equi

Visit site
Yup my lad is usually forward and he’s in a bit of a slump. I went down a spiral then reminded myself it’s coming into winter, there is no grass left in the summer paddock, he’s been working a bit harder and not been getting fed up (fatty)

He has just come in for winter so will be getting haylage, stable rest and winter paddock grass. I’m going to give it a few weeks and see if he perks back up before I start to worry as he was fine until a week or so ago.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I always think Autumn is a weird time of year and although it's currently 14 degrees here so to me that's summer and yet last week was 7 degrees and much colder at night.

I struggle with the temperature and I live indoors mainly so horses must be so up and down with it.

I think the climate now is so unpredictable it must have an impact on how animals are and how they react to it.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Alot of horses will naturally grow more coat because of the light change and that has nothing to do with temperature, so if you hot you will feel sluggish and tired that's my take on it anyway.