Levels

neighhh

New User
Visit site
Hi guys! I’m totally new here but i’ve been working with horses since i was around 10-11 (i’m now 13) i’m in no way a professional but i am looking for a share and in the future a horse of my own. I’m actually here to ask what you would say the different levels of riding are like what would you say is a novice rider, an advanced beginner etc.

Have a good night!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
It would be better to describe what you feel comfortable to do or, if you compete, to say at what level you compete at.

To me, a beginner rider is one who can navigate round on a stalwart horse. A Novice can do that in a wider variety of situations, cope with the odd indiscretion, plus be able to navigate round jumps. An Intermediate be able to school on horses, be able to influence their balance and improve suppleness, as well as correct undesirable behaviour. Advanced would be able to back/break/school on, re-school etc.

Other people will have other definitions. For example, a Novice eventer will be confident round a course up to 1.15. An Intermediate eventer is riding at a professional standard.

neighhh

New User
Visit site
It would be better to describe what you feel comfortable to do or, if you compete, to say at what level you compete at.

To me, a beginner rider is one who can navigate round on a stalwart horse. A Novice can do that in a wider variety of situations, cope with the odd indiscretion, plus be able to navigate round jumps. An Intermediate be able to school on horses, be able to influence their balance and improve suppleness, as well as correct undesirable behaviour. Advanced would be able to back/break/school on, re-school etc.

Other people will have other definitions. For example, a Novice eventer will be confident round a course up to 1.15. An Intermediate eventer is riding at a professional standard.

Cheers!

equestrian7474

Visit site
Hi guys! I’m totally new here but i’ve been working with horses since i was around 10-11 (i’m now 13) i’m in no way a professional but i am looking for a share and in the future a horse of my own. I’m actually here to ask what you would say the different levels of riding are like what would you say is a novice rider, an advanced beginner etc.

Have a good night!

I wouldn’t really put a name to your level. You’re better off describing how you’re doing in walk, trot and canter, jumping, etc. :)