LGL?

Tapir

Visit site
On Tuesday my companion pony had her feet trimmed, she's barefoot. On Thursday I took her for her usual walk in hand but she was a little reluctant. Turned her out when we got back and I noticed that she was avoiding the compacted gravel on the way to the field and walking on the grass. Friday morning I checked her digital pulses and felt they were slightly up so decided to bring in off the grass.

She was in until Saturday evening when her pulses felt normal so I turned her out for a couple of hours. She was still avoiding the path but ran off up the field fine. Today I've turned her out again for a short time and again she's avoiding the path and walking slowly but is fine in the field.

Tomorrow I'm at work with no one to hay her during the day so she'll have to be out if at all possible. Both my ponies are good doers who would inhale a haynet left for them in the morning very quick and be left with nothing until I get home from work.

The field is pretty bare and honestly, I don't think anyone other than me would have noticed anything wrong with her since I am paranoid about laminitis as she does have a cresty neck despite being slim everywhere else.

Do you think this could just be a little soreness from her trim? Would a pony with LGL be ok in the field, in terms of not being lame/reluctant to move? Would their feet not just be sore all of the time? How quickly would you expect to see an improvement if it is LGL once she's off the grass? My ponies live at my parents' house and are out 24/7 usually.

Eta she's just been tested for cushings which has come back negative. Literally the only symptom is a reluctance to walk on the stony path and possibly slightly raised pulses. No heat in the feet, classic stance etc

Last edited: