Life After Broken Ankle.... Opps....

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I took in very cafully what you guys said but.....

Some how ending on board an eventer/grade B sj
blush.gif
grin.gif
WAS F***ING FANTASIC
smile.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif
God the feeling of that dressage saddle
smirk.gif
O.k so wasn't at my best.... walk, trot, canter, flying changes, circles etc I did turn in twice to take a 5min break... WHERE HAS MY MUSCLE GONE
mad.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
frown.gif
Had a few unplanned flying changes on bends my right leg is weaker then the left so go finger...

HEE HEE!!!
smirk.gif

P.s I'm now holding off till xmas, new year time to start riding just a quick session to keep me ticking!
wink.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Soooooo not fair! My ankle is still like jelly, and my leg muscle has gone too - my bad one looks like a chicken leg!
frown.gif

Edited to say: Oh and no, I haven't ridden yet
crazy.gif

Patches

Visit site
I totally sympathise with you. I didn't break my ankle but I did some nasty damage to some ligaments which should've kept me out of the saddle. I just couldn't resist riding. Vet wrap is a marvellous creation for strapping ones ankles up with!
grin.gif

Three and a half months down the line, I'm not doing too bad, but must admit Rising Trot is painful in the extreme. Getting off isn't good either as I have to make sure I don't land on left foot more than my right.

Pretty glad I did my left ankle though. Had no leg really to use so was relieved that I could at least keep Patches over with my right leg when out hacking on the roads. Guess I wasn't really in control, she's a good horse though. Safe and sane.

Bet it's good to be back!

vic07

Visit site
I went round a novice event 8 weeks after a fractured ankle. twas fine. Also rode in plaster - did wonders for the sitting trot. I don't regret it - in fact I regret not taking the plaster off earlier.

jodarling

Visit site
I can sympathise with you all! had a ansty break to my left ankle in march, resulted in plates & pins!! 3 weks after my cast was off i was back on board! just wandering about really! and several weeks later cantering with not much balance tho! and the rising trot does come with perseverance! so keep going!! it does start working again! after 6 months i was back riding like before, 9 months on i am careful to dismount tho! and mounting blocks all the way!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Its so frustrating not being able to do stuff!! I got back on last year the day after having my plaster off (it was on for 7 wks, pinned and plated) but my right leg this year, they put a titanium rod down the bone, so only in plaster for a week, very naughtily I got back on and started hacking 3 weeks after the op!! Took another 4 weeks before I could do rising trot, but pretty much back to normal now - 12 weeks today!! Even jumped 95 cm twice this week!!